Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR5 - Interview letter has not come in the mail

Hi,
    I am a US citizen. I filed form I-130 last year for my parents in India. After almost a year and several forms, I received the interview letter for my parents through e-mail last week. Interview is scheduled for July 6, 2009. Although I have received the letter, my parents in India haven't yet received the letter, and there are only 15 days left to the interview date.
    Thing I am worried even more about is that my parents case number does not appear on the website of US consulate in Mumbai.

What should I do? Can my parents just print the letter I got in e-mail and use it to do their medical and pay courier fees? or should I wait for a letter to arrive at my parents house in India?

Thank You, any advice is appreciated.
    Maunil

anyone?

Comment

Hi,
      yes. you can ask your parents to take the print out of the NVC mail and go for medical, VFS,and interview.
      I think NVC changed sending mail thru USPS to email recently. (and its faster)
      one of my friend, when she called NVC to enquire about something, the operater confirmed the contact information and asked for the benificiery's email i.d
      the NVC later sent interview letter to both beneficiary and petitioner thru email. I've heared earlier NVC would send interview letter one as "petitioner copy" and one as "beneficiary's copy". not anymore, I think. the interview letter mentions that this person has interview scheduled on this date at this consulate.
      you can always call NVC at 603-334-0700.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X