All F3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by subina_gorge View Post
    Yes thats True you have to bring "INDIAN POLICE CERTIFICATE" because according to NVC if a person after 16 years of age live in other place, country or city he must have the police certificate of that country or city.
    If you lived india after the age of 16 then you should have "INDIAN POLICE CERTIFICATE". Under 16 years of age are exempt from this clause.
    Thanks for the prompt reply subina.

But on the other hand if you look at the India Reciprocity Schedule on the State Department website or here /police-certificates-for-usa-immigrant-visa/, you will see that it says that "Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants applying outside India." And as I am a British citizen by birth and my current permanent residence is the UK, I cannot even apply for an Indian Police Certificate.

I think that the NVC just saw that I stayed in India on my DS-230 and decided to send me this missing document letter. Well I've decided to just write them a letter explaining & quoting the India Reciprocity Schedule and the conditions to obtain an Indian Police Certificate which the NVC have put on the missing document checklist.

Comment

• Similar case-Vizjig

A while back there was this Candian Citizen who had done his schooling in India(parents were Indian) but he was born in Canda(Candian citizen),who got married to a US green card holder. He eventually had to get a PCC from India.I dont know how he got it.The rules r probably differnt now. Goodluck.

Comment

• My daughter has received her student visa for 5 years which covers per period of studey at the university. We have all always had ten (10 ) year B1/B2 visitors visas. We thought they would have cancelled her visitors visa but they didn't.

During the interview, officer asked her the names of her parents ( our names are on application as well ) and then the officer asked her "how is your grandmother ? Is she still in U.S ?" ( My mother is petitioning for me, and it is at the stage now that the embassy is informed). He told her that from the way it appears now the the green card should come thru in a year to 18 months and they will make adjustments to her passport then etc. He asked her a few questions about her university- Fortunately for her she is so excited about the university that she is on the site everyday. All went well.

For me and for all F3's this is a good sign that things are going to move alot faster than in the past. Just wanted to share with the F3 family.

Comment

• Good news

Thats good news,butter. Congratulations to ur daughter,and all the best to her as she starts college.

Comment

• F3

Originally posted by visjig View Post
            Thanks for your reply mtouch,

1st answer: I was in India from age 15 to age 22.

2nd answer: The NVC have sent a standard letter on how to obtain an Indian Police Certificate. These are the same instructions from here /police-certificates-for-usa-immigrant-visa/

Also on the Country Reciprocity Schedule for INDIA on the Department of State Department website it clearly states that "Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants applying outside India".
            The best bet is to visit Indian Consulate in UK. Show them the letter from immigration and carry your passport. I am sure there have been such cases they handled in past.

Comment

• Originally posted by kckc View Post
              The best bet is to visit Indian Consulate in UK. Show them the letter from immigration and carry your passport. I am sure there have been such cases they handled in past.
              Thanks kckc,

I had been to the Indian Embassy in London couple of weeks ago when I had to collect my OCI. I had made an enquiry then about getting an Indian Police Certificate. I was told that the issue of Indian Police Certificate from an embassy is only done for Indian citizens and Indian passport holders.

Also on the Indian Receprocity Schedule on the U.S. State Department website it says the same thing which I was told at the Indian Embassy.

In addition, the letter which NVC sent me also says very clearly that Foreign applicants outside India cannot apply for an Indian Police Certificate. So I can't take that letter to the Indian Embassy as well. They'll probably have a laugh at me before kicking me out!!!!
              Last edited by visjig; 07-31-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• @visjig:

I hope NVC accepts your letter in lieu of a PCC. Good luck. Tell us what happens.
                "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
                dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
                S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
                Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
                diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
                Puddy = April 2003
                hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
                Imran123 = Aug 2003
                butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
                krish_84 = Nov 2004 / zaga14 = Nov 8, 2004

Comment

• F3 Visa interview

Hello all,

Visa interview completed. It went well. Also, DS-230 part II signed and completed for all family members. But, since my mother(Petitioner US citizen) is currently with me, they asked me to submit a letter stating that my mother planned to reside in USA permanently. Any advice for such letter would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hello all,

Visa interview completed. It went well. Also, DS-230 part II signed and completed for all family members. But, since my mother(Petitioner US citizen) is currently with me, they asked me to submit a letter stating that my mother planned to reside in USA permanently. Any advice for such letter would be greatly appreciated.
                    Hiya mate,

Glad evrything went okay. This letter they want is the easy bit. As per my knowledge the letter should be addressed from your mom to them stating her intentions to move back permanently to the USA on a specific date. I think this should be it.

I hope this is what you asked for.

Good luck.

Comment

• F3

Originally posted by visjig View Post
                      Hiya mate,

Glad evrything went okay. This letter they want is the easy bit. As per my knowledge the letter should be addressed from your mom to them stating her intentions to move back permanently to the USA on a specific date. I think this should be it.

I hope this is what you asked for.

Good luck.
                      Thanks. Once we submit the letter & passport to VFS, not sure if VFS put visa stamp on the same day or we will have to wait ?
                      Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks. Once we submit the letter & passport to VFS, not sure if VFS put visa stamp on the same day or we will have to wait ?
                        Thanks again.
                        Congratulations kckc ! I think you have to wait for the visa stamp on your passport which will be mailed to you... not on the same day.
                        "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
                        dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
                        S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
                        Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
                        diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
                        Puddy = April 2003
                        hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
                        Imran123 = Aug 2003
                        butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
                        krish_84 = Nov 2004 / zaga14 = Nov 8, 2004

Comment

• F3

Originally posted by mtouch View Post
                          Congratulations kckc ! I think you have to wait for the visa stamp on your passport which will be mailed to you... not on the same day.
                          Thanks you. I will post progress.

Comment

• Congratulations KcKc.

Comment

• f3

somebody got their interview on august 26 his pd is april 2002 that means sep bulletin will be atleast april but i havent reveived choice of agent yet and my pd is july 2002.anybody received anything recently please let us know

Comment

• Hi

I am new to this site, My petition is F3 march 2003,
                                any idea when it will become current

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X