Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mt2644 View Post
    Are you not in F2a category Visjig?
    in F2A but spouse of permanent resident.

Comment

• Oops! I automatically assumed that one of your parents is the petitioner. Anyway, I am sure you are young and will do well in US. Some of us here are pushing 50.

Comment

Oops! I automatically assumed that one of your parents is the petitioner. Anyway, I am sure you are young and will do well in US. Some of us here are pushing 50.
        Nice humor........... atleast im two decades younger than what you are suggesting...........LOL.

Hey can you spread the word and have everyone put their processing on the "Counsular Processing Tracker". It has some pretty useful info.

Comment

• New question

Here is a new question for all of you out there. See if you can untangle it.

I've read the I-864 instructions at length and now I'm confused.

I am the beneficiary and my wife is the petitioner of F2A cat. My wife doesn't meet the income criteria to fully sponsor my application and her sister is willing to sponsor my application. Everybody stays in the same household. I know that my wife has to fill & sign one I-864 to support my application regardless if she meets the financial criteria or not but as there is a shortfall does her sister need to fill & sign another I-864 or I-864A to support my application?

Second, if so then do both the I-864's have to be posted to the NVC together or seperately?

Thanks for reading and replying.

Comment

• s00 happy that JULY VB finally jumped 1 year for PHILS!
            current for july vb is 93may
            our pd is nov 92..
            TOO BAD that we lost petitioner last year..
            is there any way we can expedite the humanitarian reinstatement?
            child is turning 21 this december.

Comment

• Originally posted by kckc View Post
              MT, All,

I am right here and following. I have nothing new going on. My file has been completed in April and now waiting for July VB - PD September 14, 2001. We are making progress slowly but steadily.
              What do you think KcKc? Do you think we will be current in August VB? It has been a ride for all of us with many ups and downs.

Comment

• Originally posted by kt123 View Post
                s00 happy that JULY VB finally jumped 1 year for PHILS!
                current for july vb is 93may
                our pd is nov 92..
                TOO BAD that we lost petitioner last year..
                is there any way we can expedite the humanitarian reinstatement?
                child is turning 21 this december.
                Hello KT,
                I wish we could offer you a definite answer but an immigration lawyer is your best bet right now. I personally do not know how your request may be expedited however a lawyer may have had past experience with such cases. Alternatively, you could visit the US embassy in your country by making an appointment to present your case.

Comment

What do you think KcKc? Do you think we will be current in August VB? It has been a ride for all of us with many ups and downs.
                  I hope so.

Comment

• Do we need to fill out two I-864?

I could not find the answer to mt2644 question...I'm in the same situation as my mother does not qualify to sponsor my sister. Does she still have to fill out an I-864 as the petitioner, and then I have to fill out another one as the sponsor? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The payment is received by NVC. Now do I wait till I am contacted by NVC to go to the next step?

I have a question on affidavit of support form as well. My mother does not qualify to sponsor us all by herself so a joint sponsor will have to come in to the picture. The question I have is that does she fill out an I-864 by herself and the sponsor fills out another I-864 form or they both fill out one I-864 form.
                    I have looked at the form and my take is that they need to fill out 2 separate I-864 forms and need to supply only one copy each since there is only one I-130 form for all of us.

Comment

• Hello pc511,
                      and Visjig

Welcome to our F3 corner. This form I-864 is a contract between a sponsor and the U.S. Government therefore the primary sponsor, your mother, has to enter in to this contract regardless of meeting the income requirements. For the primary sponsor, regardless of meeting the poverty guideline, filling out the I-864 by herself is mandatory and the catch is for the joint sponsor to either fill out a separate I-864 or I864A.

Two options here:
                      1-If the joint sponsor is NOT in the same household or in any way financially dependent on primary sponsor or vice versa, he or she fills out the I-864 and supply the supporting documents asked by NVC.
                      2- If the joint sponsor lives in the same household and/or is a dependent of the primary sponsor or vice versa, he or she needs to fill out the I-864A and supply the supporting documents, in assistance to meet the poverty guideline by the primary sponsor, asked by NVC. At this stage the joint sponsor is actually entering in to a contractual obligation with the primary sponsor to provide financial support for the intending immigrants.
                      (For instance in this case, if you have claimed your mother on your tax returns or vice versa.)

This is explained on the first 2 pages of I-864 form and you can go over it once more to make sure you follow the instructions provided by NVC.
                      Please feel free to post your questions here and we will all be more than happy to share what little information we have with you to get you through.

MT

BTW, You need cover letters for each step of the way from now on provided by NVC. Make sure you have them in order not to delay the process.
                      Last edited by mt2644; 06-25-2010, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• I meant to post the following quote for some time now from Calvin Coolidge which I find relevant to immigrant community all over the world. However I do believe that talent, genius and education must have been gained by persistence even more so by relentless immigrants as they press on in the new world to realize their full potential.

I do agree that nothing will replace persistence and determination.

[On Persistence]
                        Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

- Calvin Coolidge

Comment

• Thank you so much mt2644. My mother (petitioner) does not live in the same household, thus I will have her fill out an I-864 and I'll do the same as a joint sponsor as per your e-mail. Thanks again!!!

Comment

• new comer!!

Hey room!! im a new comer and my pd is sept. 21 2001, really excited about the big jump from vb. my mom and 12yr sis needs to adjust status in us and ma dad n i are in home country.....havent received any form of paper wrk yet...bt im more concerned of the AOS for mom n sis, after the pd becomes current, is there a deadline for adjusting status or will they give us a time frame to send in paper wrk for AOS and to pay $$ for it?
                            Last edited by prettybobgirl1; 06-15-2010, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Room says hey back,
                              Welcome to our F3 thread. Now there is a totally different case than our normal F3 cases. I am glad you did not ask us how this is done because I have no idea. But to answer your question, you will have one year to pursue your application from the time you receive DS 3032 form.
                              I have no idea how your mom and sister will do an AOS in US since you must all be on the same application. Out of curiosity is this application under 245(i) section?

BTW, I am surprised that you have not received any papers yet. Maybe it is time that you called NVC to follow up on your application. DS 3032 is normally sent out 6-9 months prior to your PD becomes current.
                              Last edited by mt2644; 06-16-2010, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• thnks mt2644!!! Im was wondering the same thing regarding no paper work being received..they moved after it started so maybe the address needs to be updated...Im need to find out as it regards to that or give NVC a call. we have a lawyer on the case and he states that once our priority date becomes current, the AOS can start for mom and sis...is there a process for updating address in my case? I dought i would be under 245(i) section...part of the act states to be eligible the applicant must be physically present in the United States on December 21, 2000...true?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X