All F3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by klast View Post
    thank you so much for being interested on my case.because my case was different from all you guys,my brother hired an immigration lawyer to deal with my case.
    he has completed a whole file for me with a letter explaining why I still should immigrate to the US,with my mom's death certificate,my brother has filled form I-846 as a substitute sponsor.now all what I'm wating for is that my petition will be reinstate by USCIS and then I have to fill the other parts of DS 2032.the problem is that it might take up to six months to be approved.
    all I should do is to hope in God
    thanks again and good luck
    Hi klast ! Definitely there is hope coz as they say 'while there is life there is hope'. In case you need another lawyer I can recommend someone who's been very successful in handling cases like yours. Cheers !
    "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
    dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
    S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
    Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
    diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
    Puddy = April 2003
    hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
    Imran123 = Aug 2003
    butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
    krish_84 = Nov 2004 / zaga14 = Nov 8, 2004

Comment

• to mtouch

thank you for showing interest on my case.for the moment I will wait what my lawyer will do or say.if things don't move,I will need the lawyer you know
      thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by klast View Post
        hi
        just to clarify some things about my case.I've got the choice of agent letter months ago,but I'm still waiting for a response from the USCIS.because my mom who was the petitioner died,USCIS has to approve a petition reinstatement for me in order to continue with the procces.
        so I'm stuck in the procces and I dont know how long it will take to get approved and meanwhile my PD has become current.honestly it seems as a hopeless case to me.
        good luck to all of you my friends
        Really sorry to hear about your Mom's sad demise. In most cases, the petition dies also. In 2009, President Obama signed something into law to protect beneficiaries in some case scenarios. Do some google and you may be able to get some information. Lawyers are good but they handle a bunch of cases, so you need to do your due diligence and get more information.

God Bless !!!!!!!!

Comment

• All F3

PD june 22,2010 we the nvc send us e-mail and avso said on phone that they send our ds-3032 on Sept. 13-2010 for our F3 category

Comment

• Timeline

Hi all,
            This is my timeline. It could be different for each person.
            Priority date- Feb 4,2002
            Choice of agent form( DS2030)&AOS fee bill rec'd-Feb 8 2010
            Paid AOS fee- Feb 12
            Choice of agent(DS2030) sent-Feb 16
            IV FEE bill paid- Feb 23
            Sent completed AOS Forms to NVC-Feb 25
            DS-230 and documents sent to NVC- May 14
            Case completed-(But Priority date not current)-June 2
            Interview letter received- July 29
            Interview date- September 2,2010
            In USA- September 10
            Hope this helps.Good luck all.

Comment

• Petition

Originally posted by daru786 View Post
              Really sorry to hear about your Mom's sad demise. In most cases, the petition dies also. In 2009, President Obama signed something into law to protect beneficiaries in some case scenarios. Do some google and you may be able to get some information. Lawyers are good but they handle a bunch of cases, so you need to do your due diligence and get more information.

God Bless !!!!!!!!
              Klast/Citi786,

Do not worry. The "Directive (or Bill)" (NOT Law) was signed by President Bush (NOT Obama) in 2002. So this is not anything new. The bill authorizes USCIS to grant visa in some situation, based on Humanitarian grounds. Why is it important that this was not law? Because this authorization to USCIS itself doesn't give "you" RIGHT to get visa. Its still discretionary of the USCIS to approve or not to approve the visa. It depends on each individual situation, but there are two conditions that must be met:

1) the original petition must have already been approved
              2) there must be someone RELATED to the beneficiary (by blood) who can sign I-864.

It may take time, but if you have good lawyer, you may get it. Like Citi786 said, just google and you will find old cases where visa was approved. I dont exactly remember the code section, but I think its 215 or something.

Comment

• redsquash

I meet the 2 criterias
                1.my petition was aproved when my mom was still alive
                2.my brother who is related by blood with me has signed form I-864 for me
                now all I have to do is to hope

Comment

• I-864

Originally posted by klast View Post
                  I meet the 2 criterias
                  1.my petition was aproved when my mom was still alive
                  2.my brother who is related by blood with me has signed form I-864 for me
                  now all I have to do is to hope
                  Please keep everyone posted on this forum here. I'm just curious, is your brother US citizen, if so....did he file petition for you (F-4). I'm not sure, but I guess that will be very strong point in your favor, if he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redsquash View Post
                    Klast/Citi786,

Do not worry. The "Directive (or Bill)" (NOT Law) was signed by President Bush (NOT Obama) in 2002. So this is not anything new. The bill authorizes USCIS to grant visa in some situation, based on Humanitarian grounds. Why is it important that this was not law? Because this authorization to USCIS itself doesn't give "you" RIGHT to get visa. Its still discretionary of the USCIS to approve or not to approve the visa. It depends on each individual situation, but there are two conditions that must be met:

1) the original petition must have already been approved
                    2) there must be someone RELATED to the beneficiary (by blood) who can sign I-864.

It may take time, but if you have good lawyer, you may get it. Like Citi786 said, just google and you will find old cases where visa was approved. I dont exactly remember the code section, but I think its 215 or something.
                    This is called Humanitarian Revalidation. But aside from the 2 conditions mentioned above there is still the extreme hardship hurdle & this is the hardest to prove.. hence the need for a good lawyer.

Twins thanks so much for posting your timeline. It sure is a big help to us all.
                    "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
                    dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
                    S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
                    Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
                    diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
                    Puddy = April 2003
                    hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
                    Imran123 = Aug 2003
                    butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
                    krish_84 = Nov 2004 / zaga14 = Nov 8, 2004

Comment

• NVC Process

This question doesn't belong to F3 specifically, but since I know many of you (atleast online) so I was more comfortable in asking it here, I hope you dont mind.

1) When NVC start the processing, do they ask for ORIGINAL documents (Birth Certificates etc) If so, how (and when) do we get the originals back from them?

2) My F-4 was approved in Aug 2010. Should I get by ANY communication from NVC within a few weeks, saying they have received my petition, OR will they initiate contact ONLY after the PD is current?
                      Last edited by Redsquash; 09-16-2010, 09:06 PM.

Comment

This question doesn't belong to F3 specifically, but since I know many of you (atleast online) so I was more comfortable in asking it here, I hope you dont mind.

1) When NVC start the processing, do they ask for ORIGINAL documents (Birth Certificates etc) If so, how (and when) do we get the originals back from them?

2) My F-4 was approved in Aug 2010. Should I get by ANY communication from NVC within a few weeks, saying they have received my petition, OR will they initiate contact ONLY after the PD is current?
                        If your F-4 was approved last month, you have a long way to go. Usually once a visa number is available to you, USCIS will forward your file to NVC. Before they would contact you six months prior to your PD being current. Currently they are actually contacting folks a couple of weeks after their PD being current. Recently the PD's moved significantly and that's why I think they are running a little behind.
                        Answer to your second question, kick back and relax. Once NVC contacts you, they will let you know what they need and they need originals or copies.
                        Good Luck!

Comment

• F4...nvc

Originally posted by daru786 View Post
                          If your F-4 was approved last month, you have a long way to go. Usually once a visa number is available to you, USCIS will forward your file to NVC. Before they would contact you six months prior to your PD being current. Currently they are actually contacting folks a couple of weeks after their PD being current. Recently the PD's moved significantly and that's why I think they are running a little behind.
                          Answer to your second question, kick back and relax. Once NVC contacts you, they will let you know what they need and they need originals or copies.
                          Good Luck!
                          Thank you for the detailed response.

Does it mean, USCIS will hold the file for next several years, until visa number is available. I was under the impression that they forward the file to NVC, and NVC hold onto it until visa number is available.

I have been reading some horror stories of other people, where NVC (or USCIS) lost their file. USCIS would say, they forwarded the file to NVC, and NVC claims they dont have it yet. Thats the reason, I wanted to make sure that my file doesn't get lost. But you're saying USCIS will hold the file until visa number is available - so atleast I'm OK for a while now.

You also have F4 petition (with PD 2004??????) Have you checked with NVC, if they have your file?

Last, I agree its still a long journey ahead after I-130 approved, but I'm counting hours/days/weeks/months and years....I hope it doesn't go into decades :-)

What about my another question, when NVC start the process, they ask for ORIGINAL documents, how and when we get originals back.

Comment

• Hello,

I need a little advice.

We just moved to a new house. What is the procedure for a change of address?

Thanks

Comment

Thank you for the detailed response.

Does it mean, USCIS will hold the file for next several years, until visa number is available. I was under the impression that they forward the file to NVC, and NVC hold onto it until visa number is available.

I have been reading some horror stories of other people, where NVC (or USCIS) lost their file. USCIS would say, they forwarded the file to NVC, and NVC claims they dont have it yet. Thats the reason, I wanted to make sure that my file doesn't get lost. But you're saying USCIS will hold the file until visa number is available - so atleast I'm OK for a while now.

You also have F4 petition (with PD 2004??????) Have you checked with NVC, if they have your file?

Last, I agree its still a long journey ahead after I-130 approved, but I'm counting hours/days/weeks/months and years....I hope it doesn't go into decades :-)

What about my another question, when NVC start the process, they ask for ORIGINAL documents, how and when we get originals back.
                              File is held till a visa numbr is available to you. The horror stories you heard is true but very few cases. My PD was April 2001 and is now in process. I am in US so I have nothing to do with NVC.
                              While you are waiting, I would suggest you to learn a trade or get more education as economy is the worst I've ever seen and its really tough to find a job here. About sending originals to NVC, I am sure they will let you know if they need copies or originals.
                              Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by sasif View Post
                                Hello,

I need a little advice.

We just moved to a new house. What is the procedure for a change of address?

Thanks
                                You must do you change of address if you are in US withing 10 days or else they may deny your case. If you are outside US you must do a change of address for future correspondence. There is a form available at the USCIS website with filing instructions.
                                Good Luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X