All F3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mtouch View Post
    Hi zshah. First please make sure that you got your PD correct. If you have the first notice from USCIS take a look at it again. Second, you have to email NVC ([email protected]) and ask about the status of your case. Be sure to include the ff. information in your email:

Case Number:
    Petitioner's Name:
    Principal Applicant's Name:
    Preference Category: F3
    Your Priority Date:
    Foreign State Chargeability:

Maybe you moved to a different address since your petition was filed so you did not receive any communication from NVC. You should always update NVC of any change in your address.
    hi mtouch,.
    thy send me letter in 2009 for address confirmation. and tht i had reply thm and i again received confirmation too of another letter.
    now one more thing want to ask. my petetion is filed by my mother and she is staying here with me in india.
    is any prob ? when she should depart for USA?
    thanks

Comment

• Hello,

I am new to this website and found the forum very useful. Our PD is August 2007. Please can anyone suggest when are we likely to be greened? and how you do the math : )

I was 30 at the time my PD was filed by my dad. And we are currently in the US on work visa but it is possible we will return back to London as huband's job is not going too well. Not sure if the latest reform (if it becomes a law) will speed up the F3 processing.

Many Thanks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by zshah View Post
        hi mtouch,.
        thy send me letter in 2009 for address confirmation. and tht i had reply thm and i again received confirmation too of another letter.
        now one more thing want to ask. my petetion is filed by my mother and she is staying here with me in india.
        is any prob ? when she should depart for USA?
        thanks
        Yes there is a problem.

"The law requires that the petitioner (in this case, your mother) must be "DOMICILED" (or living) in the U.S.

How is domicile determined?

Domicile is determined on a case-by-case basis. The petitioner must have "a principal residence in the U.S. with the intent to maintain that residence for the foreseeable future". (If the petitioner is living outside the U.S., he cannot comply with the "domicile" requirement for the affidavit of support laws.) "
        "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
        dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
        S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
        Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
        diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
        Puddy = April 2003
        hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
        Imran123 = Aug 2003
        butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
        krish_84 = Nov 2004 / zaga14 = Nov 8, 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by dinmeg View Post
          Hello,

I am new to this website and found the forum very useful. Our PD is August 2007. Please can anyone suggest when are we likely to be greened? and how you do the math : )

I was 30 at the time my PD was filed by my dad. And we are currently in the US on work visa but it is possible we will return back to London as huband's job is not going too well. Not sure if the latest reform (if it becomes a law) will speed up the F3 processing.

Many Thanks!!
          Welcome to this forum dinmeg. No one knows when a visa will be available. Current VB shows processing for those with PD 9/1/2002 so your PD is 5 years away (assuming 1 month/month movement).

If new CIR bill becomes law you will be under the merit-based system:

"There is also a second merit based track system that does not depend upon points beginning October 1, 2014. The second merits non-points system cleverly acts as a safety valve to reduce the existing backlogs in the system, and also ensures that we do not experience the same horrendous backlogs as we see under the existing system. People whose employment-based petitions and family-based petitions filed before the Act have been pending for more than 5 years will begin to become eligible for merit-based visas on that basis. Those who have been lawfully present for not less than 10 years will also be eligible for this non-points based side of the merit-based visa system. Registered Provisional Immigrants (RPIs) will be able to adjust status based on 10 years of lawful presence under this second merit non-points track system. "
          "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

aaydrian = June 7, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
          Puddy = April 2003
          Imran123 = Aug 2003
          butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004

Comment

• new commer

hi I am new to this website.Please guide me. My pd is 4 apr 2003 and belongs to F3 cat. My case has been approved by uscis in nov 2009. since than no activity. Can u guess how long it will take?
            Last edited by Imran0448; 05-17-2013, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran0448 View Post
              hi I am new to this website.Please guide me. My pd is 4 apr 2003 and belongs to F3 cat. My case has been approved by uscis in nov 2009. since than no activity. Can u guess how long it will take?
              More or less 7 months more for your PD to be current. You will be notified by NVC for the next steps when your PD is about to be current within 3-6 months.
              "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

aaydrian = June 7, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
              Puddy = April 2003
              Imran123 = Aug 2003
              butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004

Comment

• Thanks I am obliged

Comment

More or less 7 months more for your PD to be current. You will be notified by NVC for the next steps when your PD is about to be current within 3-6 months.

my PD is NOV 2004, F3 india , i was 28 year old when my father has filed my petition , will this new CIR bill benifit me ?

Comment

Welcome to this forum dinmeg. No one knows when a visa will be available. Current VB shows processing for those with PD 9/1/2002 so your PD is 5 years away (assuming 1 month/month movement).

If new CIR bill becomes law you will be under the merit-based system:

"There is also a second merit based track system that does not depend upon points beginning October 1, 2014. The second merits non-points system cleverly acts as a safety valve to reduce the existing backlogs in the system, and also ensures that we do not experience the same horrendous backlogs as we see under the existing system. People whose employment-based petitions and family-based petitions filed before the Act have been pending for more than 5 years will begin to become eligible for merit-based visas on that basis. Those who have been lawfully present for not less than 10 years will also be eligible for this non-points based side of the merit-based visa system. Registered Provisional Immigrants (RPIs) will be able to adjust status based on 10 years of lawful presence under this second merit non-points track system. "
                    Thanks you mtouch for your response. You are very helpful

Comment

• f3

Hi i am new to this thred so please guide me my PD is dec 2007 under f3 filed by my father. I dont have much education qulification. So if new CIR comes how it will effect me

Comment

• cir bill progress

Originally posted by rajesh5455 View Post
                        Hi i am new to this thred so please guide me my PD is dec 2007 under f3 filed by my father. I dont have much education qulification. So if new CIR comes how it will effect me
                        cir bil approved by senate judiciary comity and going on early next month in senate floor for voting.cir bill beniffit to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by krish_84 View Post
                          my PD is NOV 2004, F3 india , i was 28 year old when my father has filed my petition , will this new CIR bill benifit me ?

@krish_84,@rajesh5455 and everybody else asking about the CIR bill, please read my post #1398 -> If new CIR bill becomes law you will be under the merit-based system:...
                          A word of caution... it is NOT YET a law. Also we don't know how exactly it will be implemented so let's just wait and see how it will affect us. Hopefully it will be better for everyone.
                          "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

aaydrian = June 7, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
                          Puddy = April 2003
                          Imran123 = Aug 2003
                          butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004

Comment

@krish_84,@rajesh5455 and everybody else asking about the CIR bill, please read my post #1398 -> If new CIR bill becomes law you will be under the merit-based system:...
                            A word of caution... it is NOT YET a law. Also we don't know how exactly it will be implemented so let's just wait and see how it will affect us. Hopefully it will be better for everyone.
                            Hi Mtouch
                            I feel we will all benefit immensely from CIR especially we late PD guys in my case as well as @krish_84,@rajesh5455 cases our petition was filed before age 31 years so we will be eligible for V visa immediately we can move to the US and wait for the PD to be current there instead of our origin countries this merit based etc will apply but only while waiting in the US. Correct me if I am wrong Mtouch

Comment

• Originally posted by paseb View Post
                              Hi Mtouch
                              I feel we will all benefit immensely from CIR especially we late PD guys in my case as well as @krish_84,@rajesh5455 cases our petition was filed before age 31 years so we will be eligible for V visa immediately we can move to the US and wait for the PD to be current there instead of our origin countries this merit based etc will apply but only while waiting in the US. Correct me if I am wrong Mtouch
                              There isn't much detail about this new V visa so I don't know who are eligible - is it everyone, or only those with pending applications greater than x years. The existing V visa requires that F2A applications be pending for more than 3 years to be eligible.
                              "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

aaydrian = June 7, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
                              Puddy = April 2003
                              Imran123 = Aug 2003
                              butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004

Comment

There isn't much detail about this new V visa so I don't know who are eligible - is it everyone, or only those with pending applications greater than x years. The existing V visa requires that F2A applications be pending for more than 3 years to be eligible.
                                Yes you are right mtouch
                                It is only for F3 who is 31 or less at the time of filing and application pending for 5 or more years

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X