All F3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds-260

Guys - I got an e-mail from NVC today asking us to submit the AOS and fill out the DS-260 forms online for each applicant. There is no mention of a DS-230. What should we do??

Comment

• Originally posted by sasif View Post
      Guys - I got an e-mail from NVC today asking us to submit the AOS and fill out the DS-260 forms online for each applicant. There is no mention of a DS-230. What should we do??
      Firstly, you read the letter thoroughly, then go to the ceac website, enter your case number and invoice number you used to pay the fees and sign in. Then select DS260 online iv application form and follow the instructions. You will see all the forms for each family member to be completed.

The DS-260 is the online version of the DS-230 form.

Best regards

Comment

• Originally posted by Feb2003 View Post
        Firstly, you read the letter thoroughly, then go to the ceac website, enter your case number and invoice number you used to pay the fees and sign in. Then select DS260 online iv application form and follow the instructions. You will see all the forms for each family member to be completed.

The DS-260 is the online version of the DS-230 form.

Best regards

Thanks for getting back. I am confused because being from Pakistan, we are not eligible for online processing. Should I still go ahead and submit online?

Comment

• Originally posted by sasif View Post
          Thanks for getting back. I am confused because being from Pakistan, we are not eligible for online processing. Should I still go ahead and submit online?

Once they ask for you to submit it online you should. As of September 1 they have started to use the online processing in most countries. If you were not eligible for online processing you would not be able to access the DS-260.

You could call the NVC to ensure you are doing the right thing.

Best regards
          Last edited by Feb2003; 09-13-2013, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinmeg View Post
            Hi Puddy, Please can you list the order the paperwork needs to be completed once your PD is nearer? I mean you receive COA first, then invoices, or ILetter.

This will help the people who are still waiting.

Thanks a lot!!
            Hi dinmeg,I an going to list them in a 123 format

1. Email with COA
            2 .email to say yes they receive the contact and that's how they will communicate
            3. sent email to me for my mom to pay for AOS
            4. email with instruction to view and print payment receipt (we need to keep them to show at a later date)
            5. email for me with IV fee invoice.then a few days later IV invoice for smaller kids
            6. Pay and then while viewing the receipt there is a select link beside each when I click on it it leads me to the DS 230 online forms
            I am now waiting on the kids IV receipt to fill them out all together,in the mean while I am preparing Civil documents birth certificate,police records ,marriage certificate and photo as those will have to go by mail with the bar code sheet.

hope this helps this is my experience so far lets see if any one else gets their documents in that order (it takes longer by postal mail ).

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sasif View Post
            Don't worry the ds-260 form is the online version of DS-230 as there is a security option for signiture

Comment

Once they ask for you to submit it online you should. As of September 1 they have started to use the online processing in most countries. If you were not eligible for online processing you would not be able to access the DS-260.

You could call the NVC to ensure you are doing the right thing.

Best regards
              Feb2003, advice me,as to what you did with the civil documents,did you scan and send or did you mail it and whats next.

Comment

• Originally posted by puddy View Post
                Feb2003, advice me,as to what you did with the civil documents,did you scan and send or did you mail it and whats next.
                I have not sent off the civil documents as yet. I plan to scan them and send by email.

You need to go to the Kingston embassy website and read the new procedure for sending iv application forms online. There is a statement there that says you should advise the embassy by email when you have submitted the forms online.

Best regards

Comment

• Does every cosulate process ds-260 from September 2013?

Comment

I have not sent off the civil documents as yet. I plan to scan them and send by email.

You need to go to the Kingston embassy website and read the new procedure for sending iv application forms online. There is a statement there that says you should advise the embassy by email when you have submitted the forms online.

Best regards
                    Thanks a lot I am to do them online and i have five to do

Comment

• Some confusion regarding PCC

The instructions for visa application (Packet3) which my petitioner got says:

"POLICE REPORT: Each applicant aged 16 years or older must submit a police certificate that includes information regarding the applicant, including all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s) and the disposition of such cases. The following list explains where applicants must obtain their police certificates."

"(A) Indian citizens residing in India: Indian citizens residing in India for six months or more since turning 16 years of age must present Indian police clearance certificates from the local area passport office. This certificate is valid for one year from the date issuance."

Now, confusion is that
                      1. I studied(lived) till age of 17 in one place of my native state in india.
                      2. I studied(lived) for 5 years in different place of another state in india.
                      3. since 1999, i am living in my native place-state in india.
                      should i have to get PCC from both the places or only my current(native) place?

Same case applies to my wife, she had studied and lived in four different place in the same state since turning 16 years of age.
                      should i have to get PCC for from all four places or only current place? (after marriage in 1999 we are living in this current place)

Comment

• Pcc.

[QUOTE=clearvision;311419]The instructions for visa application (Packet3) which my petitioner got says:

"POLICE REPORT: Each applicant aged 16 years or older must submit a police certificate that includes information regarding the applicant, including all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s) and the disposition of such cases. The following list explains where applicants must obtain their police certificates."

"(A) Indian citizens residing in India: Indian citizens residing in India for six months or more since turning 16 years of age must present Indian police clearance certificates from the local area passport office. This certificate is valid for one year from the date issuance."

Now, confusion is that
                        1. I studied(lived) till age of 17 in one place of my native state in india.
                        2. I studied(lived) for 5 years in different place of another state in india.
                        3. since 1999, i am living in my native place-state in india.
                        should i have to get PCC from both the places or only my current(native) place?

You only have to submit PCC only from regional Passport Office ,which issued your Passport and that PCC is valid for one year from the date of issue .

Previously you have to submit PCC from local police authority from all places where you resided for six month or more but now these are no more required by US Embassy for immigrant visa purpose.

the same will apply for your wife.

Comment

• Hey guys do we all have to submit ds260 now?instead of ds-230? N i guess it is necessary now ..right ?

Comment

• My interview date is approaching and my anxiety continues to increase !!
                            26/09/2013 morning 7 am is my interview schedule. I hope is am approved under CSPA.
                            30/9/1991 bday .
                            5/12/2002 is my pd
                            and the visa got processed in july 2009 afaik.

I just had one query. My IV fees and DS-230 were filled before i turned 21. I expected them to include my name as well in the appointment letter. Too bad it didnt have. For me the countdown begins less then 10 days now. If there is something i can do regarding my name in the appointment coz my ds-230 is also filled up and submittd before i turned 21 please let me know. I would appreciate it a lot.
                            Also after going to USA how much time does it take to receive the Green Card? I am in medical school in my final year and the college schedule is pretty tight and cant be away for long which is a bummer :|
                            Good luck to all who has their interviews soon !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abhinavp View Post
                              My interview date is approaching and my anxiety continues to increase !!
                              26/09/2013 morning 7 am is my interview schedule. I hope is am approved under CSPA.
                              30/9/1991 bday .
                              5/12/2002 is my pd
                              and the visa got processed in july 2009 afaik.

I just had one query. My IV fees and DS-230 were filled before i turned 21. I expected them to include my name as well in the appointment letter. Too bad it didnt have. For me the countdown begins less then 10 days now. If there is something i can do regarding my name in the appointment coz my ds-230 is also filled up and submittd before i turned 21 please let me know. I would appreciate it a lot.
                              Also after going to USA how much time does it take to receive the Green Card? I am in medical school in my final year and the college schedule is pretty tight and cant be away for long which is a bummer :|
                              Good luck to all who has their interviews soon !!
                              Look for the posts of aaydrian re:CSPA. Good luck.
                              "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
                              dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
                              S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
                              Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
                              diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
                              Puddy = April 2003
                              hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
                              Imran123 = Aug 2003
                              butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
                              krish_84 = Nov 2004 / zaga14 = Nov 8, 2004

Comment

• Still no email about choice of agent, does anyone know if someone got COA for August 2003? I m still waiting to start the process

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X