No announcement yet.

All F3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys had my (parent's) interview today !!

Reached the consulate early . I waited on the other side of the road which were the most stressful, tiresome 2 hours i have had to go through in recent times. :|
    Sun+NO CELLPHONE+ no proper place to sit + alone . Parking problem apparently so didnt take the car. Around 9.30 pm my mum dad came out.
    This is what they told me :
    The first question CO asked :why i was not present in the interview. Mum told him that they didnt have his name on the interview letter. CO : Tends to happen sometimes.
    They took fingerprints and asked the usual couple of questions regarding petitioner,sponsor and about my parents profession and whether i was going to travel with them or later. They told him that i would be travelling with them. So he gave my parents the 221g which states that i can come to consulate on any working day at 7.30am and submit my medical and mine and my parent's passports to them within 1 year.

What i dont understand is why they didnt take my parent's passports and yeah the CO didnt even mention CSPA which surprised me.
    Anyways i guess the major hurdle is crossed !!
    Also BIG THANK YOU TO AAYDRIAN. He helped greatly !! Much appreciated.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL who have been waiting for years. Well better late then never

I will keep you guys updated on my interview as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abhinavp View Post
      Guys had my (parent's) interview today !!

Reached the consulate early . I waited on the other side of the road which were the most stressful, tiresome 2 hours i have had to go through in recent times. :|
      Sun+NO CELLPHONE+ no proper place to sit + alone . Parking problem apparently so didnt take the car. Around 9.30 pm my mum dad came out.
      The first question CO asked :why i was not present in the interview. Mum told him that they didnt have his name on the interview letter. CO : Tends to happen sometimes.
      They took fingerprints and asked the usual couple of questions regarding petitioner,sponsor and about my parents profession and whether i was going to travel with them or later. They told him that i would be travelling with them. So he gave my parents the 221g which states that i can come to consulate on any working day at 7.30am and submit my medical and mine and my parent's passports to them within 1 year.

What i dont understand is why they didnt take my parent's passports and yeah the CO didnt even mention CSPA which surprised me.

Congrats !! We all knew that you would be okay. They don't normally deny CSPA once you qualify - CSPA is easy to calculate and you can challenge if you feel you are denied. There is so much info on CSPA on line. The worst situation to be in though is if the petitioner is very ill and dies, or if the beneficiary is very ill and then the immigrant visa is lost forever. Good luck tomorrow and relax !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by butter View Post
        Congrats !! We all knew that you would be okay. They don't normally deny CSPA once you qualify - CSPA is easy to calculate and you can challenge if you feel you are denied. There is so much info on CSPA on line. The worst situation to be in though is if the petitioner is very ill and dies, or if the beneficiary is very ill and then the immigrant visa is lost forever. Good luck tomorrow and relax !!!
        hahaha! Thank you !! Paranioa !! The heights of being paranoid is that that we ended up "wasting" $750 on a lawyer inspite of me repeatedly telling my dad that i will email the consulate and everything. :| Collateral damage for the greater good lol !! :| But the CO didnt mention CSPA he directly asked my mum i was not brought along. Also if aging out is covered under CSPA,I believe there should also be a clause that covers death of petitioner or beneficiary..Afterall the long processing times are on their part and death is not anyones fault..

Comment

Guys had my (parent's) interview today !!

Congratulations!!... Good luck to everyone......

Comment

• Originally posted by pike View Post
            Hi Frank, sorry for the late reply. ( I did not have a chance to log in earlier)

Yes, I have opted in for the electronic processing, so I submitted the DS (260) online and printed off what is called "Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Confirmation".

Now on this confirmation letter it states your "Next Steps"

1. Obtain and submit required supporting civil documents.
            2. Obtain and submit photographs that meet the Dept. Of State's visa requirements.
            3. Review the information specific to U.S Embassy/Consulate General where your visa interview will occur.

Then it further states: If you have not already collected and submitted the required documents to NVC then you should do so at this time.
            Hi Pike and everyone,

Can anyone inform us what are all the steps in the process before we got the Interview Letter. We need to know that because my wife and my 2 sons plan to travel to California shortly to help look after my father in law who is very weak now in his old age.

Our process now in the stage of paying the COA by my brother in law. What will be the next step. Will it be a problem when NVC sends letter to have medical check up and papers required by them but we can not provide it quickly?. Our PD is 5 May 2003, and now Jan 2003 is current. My wife and my kids will plan to go to US in the end of October next month, while I am still in Jakarta working. What problem can we foresee in this plan.

Thanks for any ideas,

Frank

Comment

• Hi! I would like to ask if anyone from the Philippines with priority date Jan or Feb 1993 got an IL?
              Just curious what would be the next cut-off date, thanks!

Comment

• Guys i m going for my interview monday morning. it's my bday so i thought why not hope for bday gift of a lifetime and got medical done asap.
                I hope the 221g doesnt delay everything :|
                I have a question,is it possible for me to collect the passports on same day evening?
                I read somewhere it can be done.

Thank you !!

Comment

• Happy b'day abhinav.
                  Please share ur experience of visa interview with us.

Comment

• How can we apply for the CSPA

Hello everyone,

In calculation of CSP The following information should be avaiable:

1. Date of Birth
                    2. Priority Date
                    3. Approval Date
                    4. Visa Bulletin Current Date

When we tried to calculate whether our children still eligible, we estimate the Visa Bulletin Current Date. My question is how can we apply for CSPA from now, while we do not know yet when our Priority Date being current in the Visa Bulletin ( item 4).

I have not got yet Form 230 of Form 26 (on line wone). Does it state our dependent?. Probably we just fill in all our dependents and let NVC decide it?.

Appreciate for any ideas,

Frank

Comment

• Have u paid ur fees 230 per person.. If its paid then now login to ceac website with ur Nvc case number and invoice id n fill there ur biometric forms.from sept 1st ds230 is nomore available for family based visa..

Comment

• Government Shutdown and Immigration:

Information as to how the shutdown would affect the immigration cases, there is no simple answer to this question, it appears that there would be some disruptions to pending cases and upcoming filings.

USCIS: Case processing at USCIS is expected to resume with disruptions.

The biggest effect will be on the Department of State, DOS: U.S. Consular Posts abroad such as on H-1B cases...... No new passport visas are expected to be issued and visa application interviews are likely to be cancelled or postponed.

It is unknown whether the November 2013 Visa Bulletin will be issued.

NVC: With respect to immigrant visa family, employment, cases pending at the National Visa Center, it is possible that they would continue to be processed as NVC’s staffing funding was under contract.

Immigration services USCIS and NVC should continue to operate since it is mostly funded by filing, application fees, but there may be delays.

The shutdown would also create a significant increase in the processing time backlogs for almost all immigration cases.

Shame on the US House Representatives, maybe we should all in F3 Category be given special visas to go and take care of the House and then immediately give us our Green Cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by pjay1989 View Post
                          Happy b'day abhinav.
                          Please share ur experience of visa interview with us.
                          Thanks !!
                          Interview was fairly simple.
                          I went inside at around 7.15am and got the token H603 and waited and waited and waited
                          Then the lady at window no. 9 came and it was the only window which handled the H series so at around 8.30 my token flashed and she was kind of rude and clumsy too. My documents where already submitted so i just had to give her my medical reports and the passport delivery page i printed ( i m still worried that i made some mistake in that) and she asked me sit and wait for my turn. Then the longest wait of my life began. :| I waited till 11.15am or so. (( and then i was called for interview. The CO was young,mid 20s and didnt sound rude or anything.Told me to take oath and few signatures.Asked basic questions like my name,parent's name,grand parent's name, my parent's occupation and where my grand parent's live and who else lives with them and that's it. Yeah he also wished me happy bday :P and said me and my parent's visas where approved and it would take about a week for the visa to be ready and delivered along with our alien no. . And i left EXHAUSTED at around 11.30.

THEY DIDNT MENTION CSPA EVEN ONCE.

Today the status changed to issued on ceac so i guess i should receive my passport before the end of this week. Now how do i track my passport? I cant seem to find a proper site for tracking.

Comment

Thanks !!
                            I went inside at around 7.15am and got the token H603 and waited and waited and waited
                            Then the lady at window no. 9 came and it was the only window which handled the H series so at around 8.30 my token flashed and she was kind of rude and clumsy too. My documents where already submitted so i just had to give her my medical reports and the passport delivery page i printed ( i m still worried that i made some mistake in that) and she asked me sit and wait for my turn. Then the longest wait of my life began. :| I waited till 11.15am or so. (( and then i was called for interview. The CO was young,mid 20s and didnt sound rude or anything.Told me to take oath and few signatures.Asked basic questions like my name,parent's name,grand parent's name, my parent's occupation and where my grand parent's live and who else lives with them and that's it. Yeah he also wished me happy bday :P and said me and my parent's visas where approved and it would take about a week for the visa to be ready and delivered along with our alien no. . And i left EXHAUSTED at around 11.30.

Today the status changed to issued on ceac so i guess i should receive my passport before the end of this week. Now how do i track my passport? I cant seem to find a proper site for tracking.
                            That's simply Great ! So happy for you. Thanks for sharing with us, and I wish you the best as you go forward ! Cheers !

Comment

Thanks !!

Congratulations! Wish you good luck in USA.

Comment

Thanks !!

Congratulations.
                                F3
                                My priority date - June 7, 2002

F3 Watch List for active members

Feb2003/Clearvision = February 2003 - GOOD LUCK!
                                diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
                                Puddy = April 2003
                                hfsitumo2001 = May 05, 2003
                                butter = November 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
                                krish_84 = November 2004
                                zaga14 = = November 8, 2004

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}