• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feb2003 buddy any news?

Comment

• Originally posted by tabby View Post
      Feb2003 buddy any news?
      -----------

received email from nvc 2 week back that document pre process completed and will send visa date. when i can expect visa date ??? march end ?

Comment

• Originally posted by tabby View Post
        Feb2003 buddy any news?
        Nothing yet. Still waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by RafaoNY View Post
          My PD is 20 August 2004. We have friends in US and who did the payment was my wife´s friend.

Transaction Date Service Amount Payment Status
          Select
          05-JUL-2012 16:24 AOS $88.00 PAID
          Select
          05-JUL-2012 16:31 IV $230.00 PAID
          Select
          23-SEP-2012 12:26 IV $230.00 PAID

What is that COA?

Thanks my friend!
          Its the Choice of Agent form. Wao, you have been lucky to receive your IV invoices so quickly, when your PD is still so far off (2004). Many of us are still 2003 and yet to get any update on just the AOS/COA. Means you wont have much to do when it gets to your qualify period.

FEB2003, thanks for the info. Means I have to send my fees to my mother-in-law in the US as i've researched further and can confirm that the NVC does not accept payments from UK banks.

SEPT04 and Imran123, any updates?

Comment

• Originally posted by RafaoNY View Post
            My PD is 20 August 2004. We have friends in US and who did the payment was my wife´s friend.

Transaction Date Service Amount Payment Status
            Select
            05-JUL-2012 16:24 AOS $88.00 PAID
            Select
            05-JUL-2012 16:31 IV $230.00 PAID
            Select
            23-SEP-2012 12:26 IV $230.00 PAID

What is that COA?

Thanks my friend!
            Almost the same, my payment dates are different than yours

Select 02-OCT-2010 09:47 AOS $88.00 PAID
            Select 19-OCT-2010 13:15 IV $404.00 PAID
            Select 16-AUG-2013 16:43 IV $230.00 PAID

Also could someone explain why the difference for the IV fee???

Comment

• Originally posted by davidisurf View Post

Hmm.. strange. How many people are involved as beneficiaries of your petition,where are you all living right now and why the difference in payment dates for the IV fees?

Reason is that, I think i read somewhere that beneficiaries whose applications are processed in the Consulates get to pay more. Only those processed by the NVC pay $230 so has there been anytime that any beneficiary has had to be processed by the US Consulate in the country where u live?

Comment

The difference in the IV fee is because on April 13, 2012 the Department of State reduced the immigration visa application processing service fee amount for all immigrant visa petition types. The fee was reduced from 404 to 230 per person.

Best regards

Comment

• Originally posted by Feb2003 View Post
                  The difference in the IV fee is because on April 13, 2012 the Department of State reduced the immigration visa application processing service fee amount for all immigrant visa petition types. The fee was reduced from 404 to 230 per person.

Best regards
                  Really... makes sense, but what about the difference in dates. Why collect one IV fee in 2010, then wait 3 years for another?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bubu19/09/2003 View Post
                    Really... makes sense, but what about the difference in dates. Why collect one IV fee in 2010, then wait 3 years for another?
                    It could be the change in category that cause the difference in date. Maybe in 2010 (before the marriage) his wife's priority date was near to being current in F2b. After the marriage however, they were changed to F3 category. That is why the husband got his notification to pay his fees in 2013 because the priority date was now near to be current for F3 category.

Comment

It could be the change in category that cause the difference in date. Maybe in 2010 (before the marriage) his wife's priority date was near to being current in F2b. After the marriage however, they were changed to F3 category. That is why the husband got his notification to pay his fees in 2013 because the priority date was now near to be current for F3 category.
                      Exactly, we got married may 2010 and just a couple months later my wife received the IV package, when I was included as benefeciary to the case and it changed from F2B to F3 category.

Anyway, let me ask something:
                      If at that time I had not been included in the case and she received her GC, we could get married there correct? We would have to make a new petition and I could live there or I would have to wait in my country?

Comment

Exactly, we got married may 2010 and just a couple months later my wife received the IV package, when I was included as benefeciary to the case and it changed from F2B to F3 category.

Anyway, let me ask something:
                        If at that time I had not been included in the case and she received her GC, we could get married there correct? We would have to make a new petition and I could live there or I would have to wait in my country?
                        Please remember that we are not experts here, we just share to our knowledge and experience. I believe that if your wife had received her immigrant visa and migrated she could have returned to your country and married you and file for you when she returned to the US. As the spouse of a LPR your process would take less than a year.

If you have a US visa however, you could have gone with her and gotten married in the US and adjust status when processing is complete.

Best regards

Comment

Please remember that we are not experts here, we just share to our knowledge and experience. I believe that if your wife had received her immigrant visa and migrated she could have returned to your country and married you and file for you when she returned to the US. As the spouse of a LPR your process would take less than a year.

If you have a US visa however, you could have gone with her and gotten married in the US and adjust status when processing is complete.

Best regards
                          Spot on Feb2003, you couldn't have said it any better. Let me ask your opinion on something though, I have been going through the the previous format of the IV form (DS - 230) which was on paper and i'm a little concerned about one question.

It is Ques 40b, which talks about a crime of moral turpitude. Now, I was arrested in the UK last year for working more than 20hrs per week during my dissertation, which was counted as term time, unknowingly to me. Although I was never charged nor detained, I was formally informed I was subject to being removed from the UK which led to me filing for temporary leave to remain on humanitarian grounds, with my wife(principal beneficiary) and children as dependents, pending when our visa becomes current. My application had been initially rejected but i've had further representations made by my MP (congressman) and Church, and even the pro bono unit who reviewed my case say it has merits. We are thus waiting for the Home Office's final response on whether or not they will allow us remain until our case becomes current, or they will issue removal directions.

This was an unknowingly immigration violation and according to what i've read, is a civil offence hence not a crime of moral turpitude. In fact, its the only blemish I have all my life which annoys me becos it was just an error of understanding the policy. I hope at worst that this only affects me, but not my wife and kids. What do you think?

Its surprising how you can allow some people to work yet limit the amount of time they can do so, whereas there are several others doing nothing but just claiming benefits...I don't get it. Meanwhile, I was paying all the required taxes and national income contributions, without claiming a single benefit. Very shocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bubu19/09/2003 View Post
                            Spot on Feb2003, you couldn't have said it any better. Let me ask your opinion on something though, I have been going through the the previous format of the IV form (DS - 230) which was on paper and i'm a little concerned about one question.

It is Ques 40b, which talks about a crime of moral turpitude. Now, I was arrested in the UK last year for working more than 20hrs per week during my dissertation, which was counted as term time, unknowingly to me. Although I was never charged nor detained, I was formally informed I was subject to being removed from the UK which led to me filing for temporary leave to remain on humanitarian grounds, with my wife(principal beneficiary) and children as dependents, pending when our visa becomes current. My application had been initially rejected but i've had further representations made by my MP (congressman) and Church, and even the pro bono unit who reviewed my case say it has merits. We are thus waiting for the Home Office's final response on whether or not they will allow us remain until our case becomes current, or they will issue removal directions.

This was an unknowingly immigration violation and according to what i've read, is a civil offence hence not a crime of moral turpitude. In fact, its the only blemish I have all my life which annoys me becos it was just an error of understanding the policy. I hope at worst that this only affects me, but not my wife and kids. What do you think?

Its surprising how you can allow some people to work yet limit the amount of time they can do so, whereas there are several others doing nothing but just claiming benefits...I don't get it. Meanwhile, I was paying all the required taxes and national income contributions, without claiming a single benefit. Very shocking.
                            I checked the DS260 and that question does not appear. What I saw is this: "Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?"

There were these questions also:

Have you ever been the subject of a removal or deportation hearing?

Have you failed to attend a hearing on removability or inadmissibility within the last five years?

Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa?

Are you subject to a civil penalty under INA 274C?

If your answer is yes there is room for your explanation of the circumstances.

If as you say there was unknowingly immigration violation then maybe you could consult with an immigration attorney just to find out if this will affect your upcoming processing. One thing for sure - be truthful and have your paperwork as proof.

Comment

Best regards
                              I know that Feb2003 and I'd like to thanks to everyone on this fórum :]

Yes I used to have a visa, it's been 5 years that I don't need use visa anymore as I'm also an Italian Citizen, so I just use the waiver program (still a visa, but way different lol).
                              If I had thought of researching about all this processing before, I could be living in the US for at least for 3 years
                              But God knows what he's doing

Comment

• This wait getting on my nerves now..no one have got appointment date yet this months its already end of month..usually people on forum started getting their appointments in last week of month or after 25-26 ..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X