All F3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pd dec 5 2003

Thanks imran for helping i need more info coz u just interviewed is police cerifacate need coz on nvc they said no need for pakistan i dont know one thing to know is nadra marraige certifacte accpted coz i read its must be transladted

Comment

• Originally posted by ranajee_87 View Post
      Thanks imran for helping i need more info coz u just interviewed is police cerifacate need coz on nvc they said no need for pakistan i dont know one thing to know is nadra marraige certifacte accpted coz i read its must be transladted
      There are multiple Imran in this forum, so i have not interviewed yet. I am still waiting for my case to complete. I agree with you, its written on the instruction, police certificate is not required for Paksitan, i just sent anyway. you must send translation for everything if needed.

kalim

Comment

• dec 5 2003

Originally posted by Imran123 View Post
        There are multiple Imran in this forum, so i have not interviewed yet. I am still waiting for my case to complete. I agree with you, its written on the instruction, police certificate is not required for Paksitan, i just sent anyway. you must send translation for everything if needed.

kalim

Thanks Imran123 is nadra birth certificate need to translate coz thats already in urdu and english and also one more things to know can i send all nadra original documents to them or just make a copies of that and attested by notary public then send them ??????

Comment

• Originally posted by ranajee_87 View Post
          Thanks Imran123 is nadra birth certificate need to translate coz thats already in urdu and english and also one more things to know can i send all nadra original documents to them or just make a copies of that and attested by notary public then send them ??????
          I agree, we have one certificate that is issued by Nadra, and we did not send the translations of that, but my review is still not completed, and waiting. I also think attested copies should work, but I sent original because first time we sent simple copies and got check list. So I decided to sent original to not delay further.

Do whatever you think best for you.

I Imran

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran123 View Post
            I agree, we have one certificate that is issued by Nadra, and we did not send the translations of that, but my review is still not completed, and waiting. I also think attested copies should work, but I sent original because first time we sent simple copies and got check list. So I decided to sent original to not delay further.

I Imran
            Only orignal document and a photo copy it is required, neither any attestation nor notry public will work at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran123 View Post

I Imran
              All birth certificates of Nadra are good and acceptable(send one original and one copy without attestation)
              Nadra marriage certificate is also good but it is better to send Urdu Nikha nama because that is more common to immigration people, dont send both like nadra+Nikah name that will confuse them (send one translation of nikah nama by notary public) and photo copy of marriage certificate without attestation

Conclusion: send one original copy of each document which is most common in pakistan (eg send nikha nama instead of nadra marriage certificate)

send one photo copy of each original which you are sending without attestation
              list of documents
              Required documents with ds 230
              1. Birth Certificates
              You (and any family members immigrating with you to the United States) must obtain an original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in your country of birth, showing your date of birth, place of birth, and parentage Important Notice: All Immigrant Visa applicants must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted.
              The certificate must contain the:
              • Your date of birth
              • Your place of birth
              • Names of both parents
              • Indication by the appropriate authority that it is an extract from the official records
              Unobtainable birth certificates
              If your birth record is not obtainable for any reason, a certified statement must be obtained from the appropriate government authority explaining why your birth record is unavailable. You must also submit secondary evidence such as:
              • A baptismal certificate that contains the date and place of birth, as well as both parents names (providing the baptism took place shortly after birth)
              • An adoption decree for an adopted child
              • An affidavit from a close relative, preferably your mother, stating the date and place of birth, both parents names, and your mother’s maiden name.
              Note: An affidavit executed before an official authorized to take oaths or affirmations must also be provided. More specific information is available from the NVC.
              2. Marriage Certificates
              Who needs to submit marriage certificates?
              If you are married, you must obtain an original marriage certificate, or a certified copy, bearing the appropriate seal or stamp of the issuing authority.
              Note: Marriage certificates from certain countries are unavailable. More specific information is available from NVC, the nearest United States immigrant visa processing post, or online at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/re...city_3272.html
              3. Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
              Who needs to submit a photocopy of their passport?
              The applicant and each family member accompanying the applicant must submit a photocopy of the biographic data page from their respective valid passport.
              What should I send to the NVC?
              Send a photocopy of your (and any family members’) biographic data page from valid passports. This is the page that shows your name, and your date and place of birth.
              Note: Do NOT send passports to the NVC. Send only photocopies of the biographic data pages.
              4. Photographs
              You must submit two identical color photographs to the NVC.
              If your NVC case number begins with AMM, GZO, MEP, DMS, AKD, or SAA, you are not required to submit your photographs to the NVC. Instead, you must present your photographs at the time of your visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate.
              Your photo is a vital part of your visa application. To learn more, review the information below on how to provide a suitable photo. Digital images are required for some visa categories, while photos are required for other visa categories. The acceptance of your digital image or photo is at the discretion of the U.S. embassy or consulate where you apply.
              We recommend you use a professional visa photo service to ensure your photo meets all the requirements.
              Your photos or digital images must be:
              • In color
              • Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image's total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
              • Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
              • Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
              • Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
              • With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
              • Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
              o Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
              o Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
              o Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
              o If you normally wear glasses (without tinted lenses), a hearing device, or similar articles, they may be worn in your photo.
              o Dark glasses or glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable.
              o Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.
              Review the Photo Examples to see examples of acceptable and unacceptable photos. Photos copied or digitally scanned from driver’s licenses or other official documents are not acceptable. In addition, snapshots, magazine photos, low quality vending machine or mobile phone photos, and full-length photographs are not acceptable.
              5. Police Certificates
              Who needs to submit a police certificate?
              Each visa applicant aged 16 years or older must submit police certificates.
              What should I send?
              You must submit police certificates which:
              • Cover the entire period of the applicant’s residence in that area
              • Have been issued by the appropriate police authority
              • Include all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each recorded case.
              How do I obtain a police certificate?
              1. Determine the countries from which a police certificate is required. Refer to the table below.

Note: Present and former residents of the United States need NOT obtain any U.S. police certificates
              2. Contact the appropriate police authorities. Additional information on how to obtain a police certificate can be found on the Reciprocity by Country page.

IMPORTANT NOTICE - ABOUT POLICE CERTIFICATES: Some countries require a specific Police Certificate Request form to properly request and obtain Police Certificate(s).The Reciprocity by Country page indicates those countries.

Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable.

More specific information is available from NVC, the nearest United States immigrant visa processing post, or online at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/re...city_3272.html.
              An applicant must obtain a police certificate from the local police authority:
              IF you… AND…
              have been living in your country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months you are 16 years old or older
              lived in a different part of your country of nationality for more than 6 months you were 16 years or older at that time
              lived in a different country for more than 12 months you were 16 years or older at that time
              were arrested for any reason you were any age at the time of the arrest

more information

The U.S. Embassy recognizes Pakistani civil law as the governing law related to registration of marriages, births, divorces and deaths. Relig
              ious ceremonies alone are not sufficient for the purposes of immigration. Properly registered civil documents are
              required as part of the immigrant visa process.
              For example, when providing a document to show that you have been married, you should submit your signed and registered Nikah Nama. When providing a document to show that you are divorced, you should submit a divorce decree that has been registered with the relevant Union Council.
              Please note that notarized “rupee paper” statements of divorce, marriage, death and birth are generally NOT acceptable records of relationship. “Rupee paper” affidavits will only be accepted when registration with the appropriate government authority was not required by Pakistani civil law. IR-5 applicants, please note that you MUST submit the original birthcertificate of the petitioner, listing you or your spouse as the pa
              rent. If the birth certificate is in the possession of the petitioner in the United States, we will require that you obtain and
              submit the original birth certificate prior to visa issuance. F-4 applicants, you must also submit the original birth certificate of the petitioner, listing at least one parent you have in common. If the birth certificate is inthe possession of the
              petitioner in the United States, we will require that you obtain and submit the original birth certificate prior to visa issuance.
              In both cases, if no such birth
              certificate exists, then you may submit an alternative, such as original school records or an original ‘Form B’ listing the parents.
              2/12/2008
              What original civil documents are required for an immigrant visa?
              You and each family member accompanying the applicant to the United States must obtain the following original documents or certified copies of the documents from an appropriate authority (the issuing entity).
              • Birth Certificate
              • Court and Prison Records
              • Deportation Documentation
              • Marriage Certificate
              • Marriage Termination Documentation
              • Military Records
              • Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
              • Police Certificate(s)

specific about Pakistan

I. BIRTH CERTIFICATES
              a. After 197-
              1. birth certificate issued by: a. NADRA
              b. hospital
              c. municipal corporation
              d. local union council e. cantonment board
              2. Form” issued by NADRA
              B/ “bey form
              a. Lists all children under age 18
              b. Authenticity watermark of Jinnah
              c. Silver foil markings
              b. 1947 to 197-
              1. no-entry certificate of birth
              2. Domicility certificate: pre-dates Pakistan’s National Identity Card
              3. Form B/”bey form” a. Name
              s of all children entered by hand onto boilerplate form b. Stamped by _________________
              3/17/2008
              c. Pre-partition (pre-1947)
              1. Sworn affidavit (“rupee paper”)
              a. Statement made by an elder or someone alive at the time of birth
              d. Christian applicants:
              1. Baptism certificates are issued by church/congregation
              2. Birth certificates issued by the NADRA, municipal corporation, cantonment, local union council and/or hospital in which the birth took place
              II. Notes about Birth Certificates
              a. The father’s name (and his father’s name) will always appear on the birth certificate
              b. Major cities (e.g., Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad) issue birth certificates in English
              c. Smaller cities and villages will issue birth certificates almost exclusively in Urdu
              III. DOCUMENTS IN LIEU OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE
              a. In cases where a birth certificate is not available, school records with both the child’s name and the parent’s name may be accepted as evidence of parentage. The records should be stamped by the school principal or registrar.
              IV. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES
              a. Muslim applicants: nikanama (“nika”)
              1. issued and stamped by the local Union Council’s Nikah Registrar
              2. there are many variations of the nikanama, depending on the location and year of marriage
              3. however, a valid nika will always carry the stamp of the local nika registrar
              b. Christian applicants: issued by church/congregation, signed by the presiding priest and stamped by the Church.
              V. DIVORCE CERTIFICATE
              a. Talak/Khulla
              1. talak: divorce given by the man
              2. khulla: divorce initiated by the woman
              3. effective date of divorce: 90 days from date of entry of talak/khulla with the local Arbitration Council
              3/17/2008
              a. for purposes of immigration, a document not entered with local Arbitration Council is NOT VALID; likewise,
              b. any petitioned marriage occurring before this effective date is INVALID
              VI. DEATH CERTIFICATE
              a. May not always be registered at the time of death, and are often registered after a petition has been filed or prior to the interview date. Should be registered with the Union Council having jurisdiction over the location of the death, or the location of the deceased’s residence.
              VII. POLICE CERTIFICATE
              a. Certificates of Service: acceptable when an applicant has extensive residential history
              1. Military, police, or other government services
              2. Ra***ay service
              b. Special note re: Afghani applicants
              1. Afghani applicants are not required to submit police certificates from Afghanistan
              2. Afghani refugees living in Quetta, Balochistan will often be unable to obtain police certificates. However, they may submit clearance certificate from Afghan consulate.
              3. Refugees in Peshawar, NWFP may not always be able to obtain police certificates
              3/17/2008
              Relationship
              Documents
              IR1/
              CR1
              IR2/
              CR2
              IR5
              F1/
              F3
              F2A/
              F2B
              F4
              Birth Certificate
              Before 197-
              Affidavit of elder/someone alive at the time of the applicant’s birth
              No-entry certificates
              After 197-:
              Form B, birth certificates issued by NADRA or local governmental authority
              After 197-:
              Form B, birth certificates issued by NADRA or local governmental authority
              No-entry certificates
              Before 197-
              No-entry certificates
              Certificate of Domicility
              After 197-:
              Form B, birth certificates or family registration certificates issued by NADRA or local governmental authority
              Before 197-
              After 197-:
              Form B, birth certificates or family registration certificates issued by NADRA or local governmental authority
              Marriage Certificate
              Registered with the local Nikah Registrar
              Death Certificate
              Registered with Union Council that has jurisdiction over the location of the death OR the residence of the deceased’s family
              Divorce
              Must be registered
              3/17/2008
              Certificate
              with the local Union Council or Arbitration Council, and effective before the date of the applicant’s marriage to the Petitioner
              Police Certificate
              Varies depending on the jurisdiction. All police certificates must include a recent photo of the applicant
              Other relevant information
              In cases where a birth certificate is not available, school records with both the child’s name and the parent’s name may be accepted as evidence of parentage. The records should be stamped by the school principal or registrar.
              In cases where a birth certificate is not available, school records with both the child’s name and the parent’s name may be accepted as evidence of parentage. The records should be stamped by the school principal or registrar.
              3/17/2008

Hope this will help

Kamran

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamran Khan View Post

Hope this will help

Kamran
                Any update in your case?

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran0448 View Post
                  Any update in your case?
                  Still waiting for any good news

Comment

• Update

All visas have been received and we will be making our point of entry in a few weeks. We give thanks to God for taking us through this process. Thanks to all members of this forum for their advice and encouragement through the tough times. I am posting my timeline below as it may help someone who is now going through their processing.

Priority date: February 11, 2003
                    Case Approved: July 2009
                    Received AOS and COA: August 14, 2013
                    Returned COA and paid AOS: August 15, 2013
                    CSPA letter sent to NVC: August 15, 2013
                    IV Fee bill received: August 28, 2013
                    IV Fee bill paid: September 3, 2013
                    DS260 completed online: September 7, 2013
                    Civil Documents sent to NVC: October 18, 2013
                    AOS forms submitted: October 29, 2013
                    IV Fee bill for CSPA daughter: November 8, 2013
                    Paid IV fee bill for CSPA daughter: November 9, 2013
                    DS260 Online for CSPA daughter: November 14, 2013
                    Sent civil documents for CSPA daughter: November 20, 2013
                    AOS checklist received: November 29, 2013
                    Response to checklist sent: December 3, 2013
                    Case complete by phone: Jan 6, 2014
                    Case complete email: Jan 13, 2014
                    Interview letter received: January 29, 2014
                    Interview date: March 13, 2014
                    3 visas issued: March 14, 2014
                    2 visas issued: March 20, 2014

Hope this helps someone.

Best wishes to all waiting for interview letters and those still going through administrative processing. It will soon be over.

Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by Feb2003 View Post
                      All visas have been received and we will be making our point of entry in a few weeks. We give thanks to God for taking us through this process. Thanks to all members of this forum for their advice and encouragement through the tough times. I am posting my timeline below as it may help someone who is now going through their processing.

Priority date: February 11, 2003
                      Case Approved: July 2009
                      Received AOS and COA: August 14, 2013
                      Returned COA and paid AOS: August 15, 2013
                      CSPA letter sent to NVC: August 15, 2013
                      IV Fee bill received: August 28, 2013
                      IV Fee bill paid: September 3, 2013
                      DS260 completed online: September 7, 2013
                      Civil Documents sent to NVC: October 18, 2013
                      AOS forms submitted: October 29, 2013
                      IV Fee bill for CSPA daughter: November 8, 2013
                      Paid IV fee bill for CSPA daughter: November 9, 2013
                      DS260 Online for CSPA daughter: November 14, 2013
                      Sent civil documents for CSPA daughter: November 20, 2013
                      AOS checklist received: November 29, 2013
                      Response to checklist sent: December 3, 2013
                      Case complete by phone: Jan 6, 2014
                      Case complete email: Jan 13, 2014
                      Interview letter received: January 29, 2014
                      Interview date: March 13, 2014
                      3 visas issued: March 14, 2014
                      2 visas issued: March 20, 2014

Hope this helps someone.

Best wishes to all waiting for interview letters and those still going through administrative processing. It will soon be over.

Regards

Thanks a lot all the best upon entry ,still waiting on interview email.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bubu19/09/2003 View Post
                        Davidisurf, have you started your medicals yet? How's your wife holding up?

Cheers all.
                        My son born on 26th he is gorgeous and most important, very healthy! Thanks God!

So I sent an email to consulate to reschedule to end of may and asked how to procedure with my son(as his born after case complete), they just told me to scan and send his birth certificate(so far) also they can schedule my interview on may 30, so I sent another email to confirm that date. Now I`m waiting to get the answer from them and buy our fliyght tickets, as the consulate is on Rio de Janeiro, 550km far from us.
                        We will be doing our medical one day before the interview, on may 29, so the consulate will receive it few days later, all set with the medical office. Except some missing vaccination, that will be done next week here where I live.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidisurf View Post
                          My son born on 26th he is gorgeous and most important, very healthy! Thanks God!

So I sent an email to consulate to reschedule to end of may and asked how to procedure with my son(as his born after case complete), they just told me to scan and send his birth certificate(so far) also they can schedule my interview on may 30, so I sent another email to confirm that date. Now I`m waiting to get the answer from them and buy our fliyght tickets, as the consulate is on Rio de Janeiro, 550km far from us.
                          We will be doing our medical one day before the interview, on may 29, so the consulate will receive it few days later, all set with the medical office. Except some missing vaccination, that will be done next week here where I live.
                          Congratulations David.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidisurf View Post

Congrats davidisurf on your healthy, new-born baby. Remember it takes some time to print the visas after the interview. Please take that into consideration before purchasing tickets. Best wishes for your family.

Comment

• Originally posted by puddy View Post
                              Thanks a lot all the best upon entry ,still waiting on interview email.
                              Thanks puddy. Hope you get interview email soon. Keep us updated.

Comment

• Pd dec 5 2003

Thanks Kamran Khan For Share Grt Info But I Justt Confuse on Police Certificate i see all of us embassy isl pages and instructions and also on ceac and state website there they tell we not need any police certificate for Pakistan now for F3???? if some one got new check list from NVC then please send it me on my email if its possiable thanks

[email protected] thanks in Advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X