Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizen husband in L.A. wants to sponsor OPT wife in SF

Hi fellow immihelpers,
    • My wife is on OPT doing her dream job in San Francisco while I am doing mine in L.A. We would like to get our petition for her permanent residence approved before she moves to L.A. so she'll be eligible to do any job here as soon as she moves in. Will the fact that we are in different cities at the time of petition be viewed unfavorably?

• My 2008 Tax returns show a decent income but prior to that I was in school and living off my savings, so my taxable income was very low. Should I be concerned that my petition will not be approved?

• What other supporting documents can we submit to ensure that our petition process goes smoothly?

Thanks in advance for the responses!

Originally posted by cyborg View Post
    Hi fellow immihelpers,

• My wife is on OPT doing her dream job in San Francisco while I am doing mine in L.A. We would like to get our petition for her permanent residence approved before she moves to L.A. so she'll be eligible to do any job here as soon as she moves in. Will the fact that we are in different cities at the time of petition be viewed unfavorably?
    It is good to have the same address for both. Different addresses may pose problems.

• My 2008 Tax returns show a decent income but prior to that I was in school and living off my savings, so my taxable income was very low. Should I be concerned that my petition will not be approved?
    Your taxable income which was low doesn't matter but your current income should meet poverty guidelines(You can find these details in the sponsorship forms. Look for the I-864 instructions). If your current income doesn't meet the poverty guidelines, your wife's income can be used. Both of you should have tax returns for the last 3 years.

• What other supporting documents can we submit to ensure that our petition process goes smoothly?
    check the links below.

Thanks in advance for the responses!
    Check this link for details: https://www.immihelp.com/family-base...ons-in-us.html

Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

RE: Citizen husband in L.A. wants to sponsor OPT wife in SF

Hi topcatin,

Thank you so much for your response! This is very useful information, we appreciate it very much.

cyborg

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X