Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can my mom visit the US while her GC app is being processed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can my mom visit the US while her GC app is being processed ?

hey guys, I'm a US citizen that filed for his mother's GC. She let her original GC expire in the mid-90s. Yesterday the DHS/INS sent me a letter saying my petition for her was accepted.

Anyway her tourist visa expires in 2012 but she visits me every summer to get away from the tropical heat. Can she fly over this year or does she have to wait until the local consulate office issues her a new GC ?

Thanks for your time & replies !

Accepted or Approved? ( i am assuming it is the I130 your are referring to).

This usually takes less than a yr as she will be in the IR6 category, so you may want to sit it out. If not she may be able to adjust her status when she get to the US. My mother's processing took 4 months from start to GC production.
    Disclaimer:Please bear in mind, my comments are not to be construed as legal advice. These are just my reasonings, based on my personal immigration experience or what I have read. Pay for legal advice or call USCIS to verify my comments.

Comment

yes I'm referring to the I-130 and the most recent notice of action says that it has been Approved.
      Priority Date is June 15th, 2009 but was delayed owing to a Request for Evidence issue that was resolved last month

I'm wondering if she should fly over before then i.e. the end of February and we handle the formalities here itself. They do mention they'll let us know more within 60 days/8 weeks

Thanks again !
      Last edited by takatak; 01-05-2010, 07:55 AM.

Comment

... anyone ?

she's had the tourist visa since 02 and visits the US every year anyway
        i don't know why it should propose a problem
        Last edited by takatak; 01-11-2010, 04:00 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X