Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4 category file - Canadian Citizenship

Hi,
    I am US Citizen and filed for my married, elder sister's family file with I-130 under F4 category. Got priority date of Sep 2004. They are currently Indian citizens.
    Recently I received letter from INS stating file is approved by Vermont INS and shipped case to Dept of State for Visa processing.
    About 3 yrs back, my sisters family moved to Canada on point system, on their own and settled down. They have Canadian PR card and applied for Canadian citizenship. It is under process, and shall take another 18 months from today to achieve Canadian citizenship.

Should her family STOP or DELAY Canadian citizenship processing or get their Canadian citizenship at first?

Someone suggested that if she gets her Canadian citizenship, we would have to contact the immigration service and attempt to modify the application to switch the file category from Mumbai to Toronto.

When do we need to inform INS about switching file category from Mumbai to Toronto?
    Does this switching always succeeds or it is an attempt which may succeed or fail?
    If switching in category is succeed then does that delay processing? What if attempt does not succeed or denied by INS?
    Does INS consider switched file as brand new file?

I was analyzing dates using visa bulletin. For F4 category, in Jan2009, INS processed 01NOV97 priority date files and in Dec2009, they processed 08SEP99 priority date files. i.e 23 months of pending files per calender year of 2009. If that processing rate continues, then reaching my sisters priority date of Sep 2004 should take around 2nd half of 2012.

All experts, please provide me advise. Correct me if my assumptions are wrong.
    Thanks in advance.
    KD
    Last edited by jnks2005; 02-16-2010, 12:41 AM. Reason: modified title

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X