Walk-in Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk-in Interview

I am the USC petitioner for my Peruvian husband. We have our green card interview scheduled for 6/20, but his H1B visa expires on June 15th and we are still waiting on his EAD. We were hoping our interview would happen before the H1B expiration so that we could try and get an I-551 stamp in his passport to avoid him taking a leave of absence/losing his job. He wants us to just take all of the paperwork and show-up at the USCIS and see if they would let us do an interview early (since rescheduling seems to only make it happen later). Does anyone have any experience with that? Is he crazy to think that might work?

Also wondering if he'll be able to take a leave of absence vs. be terminated from his position. He currently manages a distribution center with a team of ~20 employees. He's nervous about talking to his employer about his options in case they will have to terminate him and re-hire him (big hassle for HR).

I have never read about a walk-in interview, so I don't know if that is possible. Also remember that they may not approve on the spot. I hope you can get the EAD soon.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X