F2A case is undergoing administrative processing even after 2nd interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2A case is undergoing administrative processing even after 2nd interview

My wife's 1st interview was on May 20th, 2019 at Islamabad Embassy and after answering all questions correctly she got trapped in leading question which was "How did your husband become citizen?" she said through his father. I am not a US citizen. Consular took her passport and said that she will get her passport back in 2 weeks. But 2 months passed and status on CEAC was still showing "Ready". On July 11th, 2019, she got an email asking her to visit embassy again for fingerprints and oath. She went on July 15th, 2019 they again took full interview with almost same questions as last time. Consular took my last year's IRS transcript and told her that her visa is approved and she will get her passport back in 2 weeks, but it has been a month since that interview and CEAC still says "Administrative Processing" and when we emailed Islamabad embassy about out case status they said
    Your immigrant visa case has been refused under INA Section 221(g) for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be expedited nor waived. Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case. The visa application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete.

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws. We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience.

Can anybody help me what is going on with my wife's case?
    PS: I have been filing my taxes as married jointly. Could this be an issue?

------------------------
    PD: 28th Nov 2016
    Case Approved: 27th Mar 2018
    NVC case creation: 30th April 2018
    Documentary qualified: 24th May 2018
    Interview letter: 14th Feb 2019
    Interview date: 14th Mar 2019
    Something went wrong in medical so interview was postponed
    Interview call: 10th May 2019
    Interview date: 20th May 2019
    2nd interview email: 11th July 2019
    2nd Interview date: 15th July 2019
    Last edited by faisal.ali; 08-22-2019, 05:22 PM.

I contacted Islamabad embassy again and they replied the same thing.
    Has this happened to anybody else? Is there a way to know what exactly is going on with our case?
    I have also sent inquiry to NVC about this, waiting for their response now.

Thanks

Comment

I contacted CA senator to start formal inquiry to US Embassy.
      But both Senator & US Embassy were not helpful in getting back the reason for putting my wife's case into Admin Processing.
      I got following response:

We reviewed our consular records and found that YYYY X was interviewed at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan on
      May 20, 2019. Currently, her case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her
      qualifications for this visa.

We understand there is frustration at the delay; however, a decision on this case cannot be made until we finish
      our review. Visa applications are adjudicated in accordance with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act
      (INA), and a visa may only be issued if all documentary requirements have been met, and the applicant is eligible under
      U.S. immigration law. While we cannot predict when the adjudication of YYYY X's application will be completed, please
      be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will do all we can to see that her application is adjudicated as soon
      as the administrative processing has been completed.

Please note that the information regarding this visa case is protected from disclosure under section 222(f) of the INA, 8
      U.S.C. 1202(f), and in accordance with that law, may only be used for the “formulation, amendment, administration, or
      enforcement of the immigration, nationality, or other laws of the United States.” Since you have inquired on behalf of
      the applicant, our disclosure to you of the above information from the visa record, which information could be made
      available to the visa applicant, is consistent with INA section 222(f), 8 U.S.C. 1202(f), and you may share this information
      with your constituent.

We regret that our response cannot be more detailed at this point but we hope this information is helpful.
      Can anybody suggest me what should I do next?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X