Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse immigration

Hello All;
    I'm a Bangladeshi citizen, and US green card holder. This month I'm going back to country for marriage. So, I will be filling for her immigration this month, which might take 2-3 years to process. But, I heard there is no wait time as per the monthly visa bulletin, does that make any difference? Can anyone tell, how long it might take for her to get to USA?

Any suggestion, advise from people with similar experience, would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

From what I read:
    1- you need to marry
    2- send form I-130 and I-130A, wait for approval and USCIS send that to NVC
    3- wait for NVC to check the approved I-130 and request documents
    4- upload the documents needed for NVC and wait until they accept everything
    5- wait some more until they set an interview on a consulate or embassy abroad.
    6- after they approve the immigrant visa your spouse needs to travel to the USA and then get the GC

If your soon to be spouse were legally living in the USA, you should be able to file concurrently all the forms needed and then your spouse can live in the USA until the process is finished.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Thank you so much Enub4, for the details.

My worry is mostly on step number 2 (wait for I-130 processing). As a spouse of GC holder, there is a long wait Vs spouse of citizen has no wait time.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam37 View Post
        Thank you so much Enub4, for the details.

My worry is mostly on step number 2 (wait for I-130 processing). As a spouse of GC holder, there is a long wait Vs spouse of citizen has no wait time.
        Even for Citizen, the 130 is anticipating a long time to be processed. My husband is a US citizen, and I am now working in Canada, our application was submitted in Feb 2019. And I read some other posted, it will take at least 9 months and one post indicated 15 months, based on the USCIS website it is gonna be 8-10.5 months.

You might want to check with the USCIS website to see the processing time frame, it will give you a general idea. Hope this info helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X