Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2A Visa Steps for Spouse in India

Hello All,
    I need advice on F2A spousal green card visa. I have a green card and will be getting married this year in India. My spouse is born in India. What are the steps to follow and documents needed to apply her F2A. I found this website which provides details on it: https://visaguide.world/us-visa/immigrant/f2a/. If someone can share their experience on how to apply.

Step-1: First file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.
    Step-2: File Form DS-260
    Step-3: Complete Medical and Vaccinations

Documents required:
    • Your valid passport for more than 6 months after your planned entry into the US.
    • A signed Form I-864, Affidavit of Support from the US petitioner or LPR (applicant’s spouse or parent).
    • Form DS-260 confirmation page.
    • Medical examination and vaccination documents.
    • Two photographs according to the US Visa Photo Requirements.
    • If you are the spouse of the LPR, you must bring your marriage certificate.
    • If you are the child of the LPR, you must bring your birth certificate or adoption certificate
    • Court and criminal records and/or police certificate

I would really appreciate people can share the steps they followed. I have the following questions:
    1. Should I be present in the US to fill the I-130?
    2. Can the form I-130 be filed only once married, can I start the I-130 form documentation filing before the wedding?
    3. In India for police certificate is there a number I can call for this documentation?
    4. What is the approximate fee?
    5. Can the documentation be filed from India with USCIS?

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X