Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents of US Citizens cases under I-130 (IR-5) have been left out in the current EO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents of US Citizens cases under I-130 (IR-5) have been left out in the current EO

Parents of US Citizens who are generally Old age people above 65+ years have been left out in the current Executive Order . Are they not part of family of an US Citizen ? Will they eat aways jobs of others . We all have filed I-130 for our respective parents with a hope to form our complete family . It is realy painful now .

It willl be useful to all to know how many I-130 (IR-5) cases are stuck up . This new topic is being created , so that affected persons can express / share their views and Priority Date .

I-130 processing should continue; it's just that they won't be issued immigrant visas in the next 60 days. But, visa issuance is not happening right now because consulates are closed anyway.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      I-130 processing should continue; it's just that they won't be issued immigrant visas in the next 60 days. But, visa issuance is not happening right now because consulates are closed anyway.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you mean that I-130 processing for IR-5 will continue internally inside USCIS and only issuance of Visa will be suspended for 2 months . This means that persons who are in the final stage ( Interview etc.) will be put on hold .

Or otherwise all IR-5 cases processing will stop for 2 months , meaning that IR-5 cases will not be touched/ processed for 2 months ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Only the interviews and the issuing of visas.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X