Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR5 processing related questions

Hi

I am a US citizen and my parents live in India, Kolkata. I would like to apply for their Visitors / travel visa but I got to know that for US citizens , parents tourist visa get rejected. So I applied for their IR 5 or Immediate relative visa that is green card.

My parents live in Kolkata but the notification from NVC shows that they have to go to Mumbai consulate generals US embassy office. I thought that US consulate office from Kolkata only can process the case but NVC said it has to be from Mumbai. Also the medical examination has to happen in Mumbai.

My parents are aged and they will not be able to travel to Mumbai from Kolkata for all these detailed procedures.

I am planning to apply for their tourist visa and cancel the green card process.

I wanted to know is it possible to get tourist visa for parents of US citizens ? Any advice on the same will be really helpful.

Thanks

Originally posted by s_1982 View Post
    Hi

I am a US citizen and my parents live in India, Kolkata. I would like to apply for their Visitors / travel visa but I got to know that for US citizens , parents tourist visa get rejected. So I applied for their IR 5 or Immediate relative visa that is green card.

My parents live in Kolkata but the notification from NVC shows that they have to go to Mumbai consulate generals US embassy office. I thought that US consulate office from Kolkata only can process the case but NVC said it has to be from Mumbai. Also the medical examination has to happen in Mumbai.

My parents are aged and they will not be able to travel to Mumbai from Kolkata for all these detailed procedures.

I am planning to apply for their tourist visa and cancel the green card process.

I wanted to know is it possible to get tourist visa for parents of US citizens ? Any advice on the same will be really helpful.

Thanks
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Yes , It is possible to get tourist visa for parents of US citizens .
    All IR-5 cases are processed at Mumbai only .

Comment

further to the above reply could you pls confirm whether it is necessary to have medical examinations in mumbai only or can be done across the country at any of the panel physician mentioned in the list....

Comment

Originally posted by SG2020 View Post

----------------------------------------------------------------

Yes , It is possible to get tourist visa for parents of US citizens .
        All IR-5 cases are processed at Mumbai only .
        Thanks for the response.
        Even though I filed for immigrant visa for my mom, she is not comfortable to reside permanently in US.
        USCIS has approved the case and sent it to NVC for further processing. I have not proceeded further as my mother is not comfortable residing permanently in USA.

In this situation can I apply for her tourist visa?

Comment

Originally posted by nicks84 View Post
          further to the above reply could you pls confirm whether it is necessary to have medical examinations in mumbai only or can be done across the country at any of the panel physician mentioned in the list....
          --------------------------------------

Yes , You can have Medical Examination anywhere , no problem . But Interview at Mumbai only .

Comment

thanks for your response...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X