Green card for parent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card for parent

I have applied Green card for my father. The application was received by USCIS Chicago on 8th of April 2020. How long does it take to receive the official receipt from USCIS?

I am a US Citizen and I applied for immediate relative petition / IR5 for my mother. My I-130 petition got approved and my case got submitted to NVC.
    Recently my mother said she does not want to immigrate to US permanently and has no intent of getting green card. She is willing to just get a visitors visa for a temporary visit to USA.
    At this point can I file for a tourist visa while I-130 is approved?
    My mother is a senior citizen and I also don't want her to go through all the complications involved in getting green card. She lives in Kolkata , India but her medical examination and interview will take place in Mumbai, India. She can not travel to Mumbai for all the required activities.

Any guidance on this will be really helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by s_1982 View Post
      I am a US Citizen and I applied for immediate relative petition / IR5 for my mother. My I-130 petition got approved and my case got submitted to NVC.
      Recently my mother said she does not want to immigrate to US permanently and has no intent of getting green card. She is willing to just get a visitors visa for a temporary visit to USA.
      At this point can I file for a tourist visa while I-130 is approved?
      My mother is a senior citizen and I also don't want her to go through all the complications involved in getting green card. She lives in Kolkata , India but her medical examination and interview will take place in Mumbai, India. She can not travel to Mumbai for all the required activities.

Any guidance on this will be really helpful.
      ----------------------------------------------

When did you submit I-130 (IR.5) for your mother ? Dates of NOA1 and NOA2 ? A tourist visa can be applied for , giving status of I-130 .

Comment

Originally posted by kpsingh69 View Post
        I have applied Green card for my father. The application was received by USCIS Chicago on 8th of April 2020. How long does it take to receive the official receipt from USCIS?
        HI, Kpsingh,

I am also applying green card for my parents. I am wondering if you can share any insights on filling I-944 form.

I am looking for more info related to assets and income that need to provided.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X