Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Donald Trump's new visa ban affect Family Immigration viz F4 Category ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Donald Trump's new visa ban affect Family Immigration viz F4 Category ?

Hello, Mr President issued a new proclamation (dated on 22 June, 2020) for banning visas issues to workers upto 31st Dec 2020, I have read that official document and several news articles.
    Does it affects to family visas as well ? If so...does it mean family visa seekers will have to wait until end of this year to get visa ?
    Of If Family visas are not included then can we hope that US Embassies will continue issuing Family Visas ?
    Thanks

The previous proclamation that stopped issuance of immigrant visas was extended by this proclamation to December 31. So they will not be able to be issued the actual immigrant visas until then.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I have an F4 visa that has been issued in March before Trump’s executive orders. I have not been able to travel on it though and it expires in August. Am I allowed to travel to the US on it or am I restricted as well?

Thanks

Comment

I just read the new proclamation that was extended through the end of 2020 and it says if you have a previous issued visa it is not included in this proclamation, so yes you should be able to travel on that previously issued visa as long as it is not expired. The proclamation also does not include a US citizen sponsoring their spouse or minor child.

Comment

Actually, It is a sibling sponsored visa. I am confused because I am not sure whether I can travel or not since my visa was issued before these executive orders and it affects family sponsored ones like mine. Could it be clarified?

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSuraj View Post
            Actually, It is a sibling sponsored visa. I am confused because I am not sure whether I can travel or not since my visa was issued before these executive orders and it affects family sponsored ones like mine. Could it be clarified?
            Since you had an immigrant visa that was valid on April 23 (the effective date of the proclamation regarding immigrants), it does not affect you.

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney0115 View Post
              I just read the new proclamation that was extended through the end of 2020 and it says if you have a previous issued visa it is not included in this proclamation, so yes you should be able to travel on that previously issued visa as long as it is not expired. The proclamation also does not include a US citizen sponsoring their spouse or minor child.
              Hi
              we have had our immigrant visa issued in dec 2019 ,which is now expired on june 2nd, we were due to travel in March but due to travel ban from UK we couldn't travel and our visa are now expired, but when the president issued the first proclamation back in April ,it was valid ,so my question is can we apply for reissue of our visas once the embassies are open?

Thank you so much for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Hiralamit View Post

Hi
                we have had our immigrant visa issued in dec 2019 ,which is now expired on june 2nd, we were due to travel in March but due to travel ban from UK we couldn't travel and our visa are now expired, but when the president issued the first proclamation back in April ,it was valid ,so my question is can we apply for reissue of our visas once the embassies are open?

Thank you so much for your help
                In theory, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
                  The previous proclamation that stopped issuance of immigrant visas was extended by this proclamation to December 31. So they will not be able to be issued the actual immigrant visas until then.
                  Thanks for replying,
                  In this period, Will NVC/USCIS work
                  I mean will they complete the review process and USCIS continue to issue new visa bulletins for Family Visa applicants

So can we expect that, once the period ends, the eligible will be allowed to be called for Interview and Visa issuance.

Also, Can one apply for CSPA extension due to this suspension time, as The family member is already under CSPA Applicability. But due to this suspension, He may outbound that limit

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X