Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE's for Both of My parents Green card applications

RFE for my Father:

Submit a copy of the birth certificate issued by the the appropriate civil authority for the petitioner listened on Form I-130. The birth certificate must provide the parent(s) names in order to properly establish the relationship between the applicant and the petitioner.

RFE for my Mother :

Submit a copy of the birth certificate or the birth record issued by the appropriate civil authority for the applicant. USCIS will only accept a long-form birth certificate which lists at least one parent.

I submitted the following documents to Father and Mother but they received two different RFE's

Father :
    1 ) Non-Availability Certificate for my father
    2) Affidavit of Birth from three different people
    3) Secondary School Certificate
    4) My birth certificate ( Petitioner)

Mother :
    1 ) Non-Availability Certificate for my Mother
    2) Affidavit of Birth from three different people.
    3) Secondary School Certificate
    4) My birth certificate ( Petitioner)

Can any one suggest me why are they asking me those documents. Does that mean they are not finding the information they need in the documents i provided or they didn't find Birth certificate documents itself.

Is there a way to find out more details on the RFE through phone or Email.

1. Which country are they citizens of?
    2. What are their years of birth?
    3. Is your birth certificate official and contains names of both parents?
    4. Is there any difference in names for the same person across different documents you listed?
    5. For your mother, what are the relationships of the three affiants who provided the affidavits?
    USC filed AOS for parents on B2. I am not a lawyer.
    Timeline
    7/21 <— 2 sets of I-130/485/944/864/131/765/693 reached Chicago Lockbox
    8/4 <— Checks cashed
    8/5 <— I-797 SMS
    8/24 <— Biometrics completed
    10/19 <— I-485 ("New Card Is Being Produced")
    10/20 <— I-130 and I-485 ("Case Was Approved")
    10/22 <— I-130 and I-485 Approval notices received
    10/28 <— Green card#1 received
    11/07 <— Green card#2 received

Comment

Looking for advise did you get clarification on rfe and what you submitted ?

Comment

I would suspect this is an oversight on their part since state dept website states for people born before 1970 in India don't need official birth certificate since there was no official registration process. Did the three affiants had direct knowledge of birth, may be the statement needs to be more direct. I am not a lawyear so don' take it as a legal advise. Hope it helps out and wish you good luck.

Comment

curious to know if they accepted the original doc, since birth cers before 1970 is not required, for india.

Comment

Can you please update us on how you proceeded ? Is birth certificate mandatory for people born before 1970 ? Also how you got the NABC certificate , can you explain the procedure as I am looking to get it done for my mom . Thanks !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X