Recommendation for GC attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation for GC attorney

Thinkin of using a attorney for Parent GC processing. Do you have any recoomendation? Was it timely, and was it worth the money?
    I am in Norther CA area, so a local contact would be preferrable.

Check the American Immigration Lawyers Association. They have a comprehensive list of all the accredited lawyers.

Comment

@smalee, if you're in San Francisco East Bay Area, Lookup Huang Law Firm in Walnut Creek. Mr. Huang is very nice and accommodating. He will answer all your questions patiently.
      And his fee is reasonable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USC (Daughter) filed AOS for Parent (Me) on B2 (Concurrent filing with Lawyer)
      Forms I-130/485/765/131/864/944/693

Timeline:

8/10/20 - Sent FEDEX to Chicago
      8/11/20 - Received by J.Harper
      8/25/20 - fingerprint fee accepted for I-485
      8/27/20 - notification from bank checks cashed
      9/03/20 - text notification received
      9/08/20 - I-797C forms received in the mail

Comment

How was the process and documentation requirement form the lawyear. Was he timely and prompt with paperworks and everything. Thanks a lot.

Comment

If you’re willing to do some research and read the forms carefully and the case doesn’t have any complications or special circumstances that require an attorney, it should be possible to file the forms yourself and save a bunch of money. You will get great free help from this forum too.

That said, only you know what’s best in your situation. Best of luck!
          USC filed AOS for parents on B2. I am not a lawyer.
          Timeline
          7/21 <— 2 sets of I-130/485/944/864/131/765/693 reached Chicago Lockbox
          8/4 <— Checks cashed
          8/5 <— I-797 SMS
          8/24 <— Biometrics completed
          10/19 <— I-485 ("New Card Is Being Produced")
          10/20 <— I-130 and I-485 ("Case Was Approved")
          10/22 <— I-130 and I-485 Approval notices received
          10/28 <— Green card#1 received
          11/07 <— Green card#2 received

Comment

Originally posted by smajee View Post
            How was the process and documentation requirement form the lawyear. Was he timely and prompt with paperworks and everything. Thanks a lot.
            smajee, sorry for the late reply. He was very thorough and helpful in me gathering all the documents needed to go with the filing. When I encountered a roadblock, He would suggest another way on how to get it. Then as soon as I got everything, He double-checked then filed right away. However, verboso is right. If your case is straightforward and not complicated then this forum is actually very helpful to do it yourself. I just wanted the peace of mind and an actual person help me in my process. Goodluck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USC (Daughter) filed AOS for Parent (Me) on B2 (Concurrent filing with Lawyer)
            Forms I-130/485/765/131/864/944/693

Timeline:

8/10/20 - Sent FEDEX to Chicago
            8/11/20 - Received by J.Harper
            8/25/20 - fingerprint fee accepted for I-485
            8/27/20 - notification from bank checks cashed
            9/03/20 - text notification received
            9/08/20 - I-797C forms received in the mail

Comment

Hi Thanks for the information you had shared about Parent GC processing. It is indeed good to know how fast this has been processed. I had sent application forms more than a month back and have not heard any response yet. 2 questions - Did you send the checks individually for processing 130, 485 etc. Also, do you know if there is a way to reach out to them since I have not got a receipt number. Thanks for your help

Comment

Any good GC attorney recommendation in Boston area for parents GC?

Comment

Originally posted by smajee View Post
                  Thinkin of using a attorney for Parent GC processing. Do you have any recoomendation? Was it timely, and was it worth the money?
                  I am in Norther CA area, so a local contact would be preferrable.
                  If you have COMPLICATED case, retain HIGH-END attorneys like the ********** law firm. Former USCIS (nee INS) official, and very high reputation. High charges, but well worth it for complicated cases.

Simple cases, mid-level lawyers can do it. Check out avvo.com

Simple case, and you are a stickler for details and a do-it-yourself kind of guy, fill forms yourself, ask LOTs of questions here, double and triple check, and be done.
                  --
                  Marriage to US citizen based I130+CP
                  7/21/18 Filed I130 @ Chicago Lockbox
                  8/8/18 I797C (Notice of Action received)
                  3/29/19 I130 approved
                  5/15/19 NVC case/invoice email received.
                  5/19/19 Paid all fees, submitted AOS, Civil Documents and DS260
                  8/14/20 NVC marked the case complete, waiting for visa interview date.

Total wait: 26 months+ ... still waiting! Who knows when, due to covid

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X