Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC for Sibs and mom

Hi,

1. If I were to file for USA GC my adult biological siblings (40, married and a kid & 43 single) in feb of 2021 for Green Card, what would the ETA be? they're both in India and of course gainfully employed (Delhi-NCR)

2. Applying for my 65+yro mother's GC in a month or so . should I wait till she visits me on b1/b2 then apply or while she is still in India ? which is quicker ? curious
    I am inclined towards starting her GC process while she is still there given COVID restrictions happening right now, she wont be visiting before fall/mid sept 2021 anyway

I am planning on hiring a lawyer and a few have told me sibs GC takes about a max of 3yrs which I find hard to believe

Thanks,

V

1) The lawyers told you a max of 3 years for your siblings? Lol. They lied through their teeth. The F4 category for India is about ~17 years (issuing numbers for dates before 2004). So ETA is probably around 2037.

2) Your mother cannot enter the US on a B1/B2 with intent to adjust status (immigration fraud). Go the consular processing route.
    Canadian on F-1 married to USC (SSM)
    Field office: Manhattan/NYC

09/21/2019: Delivered to Chicago
    09/25/2019: Fees charged
    09/30/2019: Case received
    10/04/2019: Biometrics appt received
    10/15/2019: Fingerprints taken
    10/16/2019: Fingerprint review complete
    11/14/2019: Ready to be scheduled

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X