Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible divorce after 1y of having conditional GC -chances of removing condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible divorce after 1y of having conditional GC -chances of removing condition

Hello everyone,

My wife (USC) and I are having some difficulties in our marriage and I was sucking it for a while but we got to the point were I can't do anything else to fix the situation and to stop her from complaining about me.

We have been married in 2019 and filed for my GC 1 year later so I got my conditional GC end of 2020 and now it has been a year since I got it and my removal of condition date is end of 2022.

We bought a house together AFTER I got my GC (which I believe is a good point); we have a joint bank account; joint insurance; tons of pictures and her family loves me and some of them are willing to provide me with an affidavit if I ask. My wife has mental issues and that is documented and sometimes she just hates me and fight with me for no valid reason. I had the police being called on me for Domestic abuse even when I did not do anything but thank god the police were able to see that she was lying and just left without arresting me.

I am really thinking of filing for divorce and move out of our house but at the same time I am very afraid of not being able to lift the condition on my GC next year. I am assuming that 1 year is enough to finalize the divorce before the GC renewal date which might be a good option.

I know I need to provide a lot of evidence and I have bought a house after I got my GC and I am all in with this marriage but I can't take it anymore and she won't back up or change herself; she recently stopped taking all her medications so she is very aggressive towards me.

I do have messages and a phone call recorded from her mother saying that she needs to be admitted to a mental hospital (happened 3 times before we met where her X and her family put her in a mental hospital for a few days up to 1 month due to her strange/aggressive behavior) we have never had anything physical between me and her so I don't have any proof of physical abuse but I do have taken a lot of verbal abuse and humiliation from her.

Any advice/feedback is much appreciated.

God Bless
    Last edited by blinders; 10-13-2021, 10:53 AM. Reason: conditional green card

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X