Police certificate for Bangladesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police certificate for Bangladesh

My question is regarding the requirements for Police certificate from Bangladesh. My husband needs to get his police clearance, however I am unsure as to whether he needs to get it from every place that he lived in or not. The form instructions says to put every place where the person has lived for longer than 6 months after the age of 16.

My husband lived in a different part of the country for college, will it be a big deal for NVC if he just gets the police clearance for his primary residence and not for the places where he studied and worked?

Would you suggest that I don't mention his occupation and leave it blank since I am not using his occupation or income in AOS?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Originally posted by needadvise View Post
    My question is regarding the requirements for Police certificate from Bangladesh. My husband needs to get his police clearance, however I am unsure as to whether he needs to get it from every place that he lived in or not. The form instructions says to put every place where the person has lived for longer than 6 months after the age of 16.

My husband lived in a different part of the country for college, will it be a big deal for NVC if he just gets the police clearance for his primary residence and not for the places where he studied and worked?

Would you suggest that I don't mention his occupation and leave it blank since I am not using his occupation or income in AOS?

Thanks in advance for your advise.
    As long as the "Police Clearance certificate is reviewed, cleared and signed by the Deputy Police Commissioner and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of Bangladesh" (as per Bangladesh NVC country reciprocity schedule) you should mention all addresses of your husband within Bangladesh. When you mention all the addresses in the DS-230 of your husband within Bangladesh the Police Commissioner's office will check all the relevant addresses and then issue a Police Clearance certificate.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Comment

Please read this personal experience by playboy1 from Dhaka as it will immensely help your cause

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks to both replies.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X