Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sp2021 congrats!!!

So some follow up questions:

Situation : immigration VISA expires on June 29th 2022.
    a. They plan to come to the US mid April 2022, but go back June 2022.
    b. They plan to come again around Oct-Nov 2022 and potentially stay till Feb 2023.
    Wanted to check with you guys what's the regulation in terms of the multi visits as mentioned above.

Question 1. is there a number of total days every calendar year that they need to be in the states or as long as they have less than 180 days between two visits, they are good?

Situation: During their first visit in April 2022, I have heard that their SSN generation automatically kicks off (we did opt for it on I-130)

Question 2. What address does this SSN document get sent out to? is it the same address that we opted to receive the greencard (when application started I was at a different address, but had provided my brothers address for receiving GC as I knew he was not going to move, he is still at the same address)
    Question 3. How long does it take to get the SSN mailed out? Concern is getting bank account opened up, I am guessing they don't need an SSN for that!! Not sure!! Also trying to get them state ID, how to go about that ?

Situation: When they come for the second time around Oct-Nov 2022 I plan to apply for a advance parole. They plan to stay in the US, but things happen and with current world affairs a travel plan cud be disrupted and I don't want them to face possible more 6 month/12 months out of the country situation.

Question 3. Once applied for advance parole, can they go back to India after Biometrics is done or they have to stay put in the US till the advance parole is completely approved? What is the turn around on the biometric and what is the turn around on the full approval of advance parole.

Question 4. If they go back with an approved advance parole how long they can stay out before they run into an issue? Does the advance parole have a expiration date of its own?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Comment

@Ani_FL2021 @sp2021 @rahultcs thank you all for posting the details. helps us all. am not yet there in the process ( have to get PCC and upload all other docs for DS260 approval)

can you please share what all vaccinations were given at the medical appointment ?. both my parents are 75 and above if it helps. Ty.

also have a few questions about DS260 approval and subsequent visa interview .

1- How long did it take for DS260 to get approved ?

2- How long after the DS260 approval, did you receive the visa interview notification ?

Would really appreciate any inputs. I am trying to get an idea as I will have to travel to India to assist my parents through the whole process.

Thank you.

Last edited by Vayu30; 01-26-2022, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Vayu30

The DS260 approval took about 3-4 months. The interview notification took a very long time due to COVID and change in immigration regulations.

My parents got Tdp and Pneumococcal vaccine from their local doctor. The doctor wrote a letter and mentioned the vaccines he gave them, he also mentioned BCG and Small pox vaccines which they had gotten many, many years ago.

During their medical checkup at Mumbai, they got two more vaccines (flu + one more).

There is a ******** group which is very helpful. I am no longer on it, but people are very helpful and actively discuss topics. You can consider joining it.
        Last edited by sp2021; 01-28-2022, 09:20 PM.

Comment

@Ani_FL2021

We are trying to figure out all of this as well. We are still gathering information.

Comment

sp2021 thanks so much for your response answering my qs. really appreciate it.

one more about the vaccines - the small pox and BCG vaccine, did your parents have the original record of it ?

was it given by the same local doctor many years ago ? my parents remember getting BCG when they were very young (maybe around 9/10. they both are 75+ now and do not have any records of it) can any local dr still mention it ?

can you please give the name of the ******** group so I can join. thanks again for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X