Form i-864 income and assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form i-864 income and assets

Hello, my wife is trying to sponsor me for the green card under Family Based and she's a green card holder. We both have full time jobs and I'm on visa(F1) and currently working under STEM Extension. When we are filling out form i-864 her current income exceeds the poverty guideline by USCIS. But from what we both read and watched about the financial confirmation on this form i-864 even though she meets the poverty guidelines we may need to submit our assets too? We just bought a house last year and both of us are on the title, but the mortgage is only under my name. Can we still add that as an asset and if we do what is the process has anyone else did this? Ex: Do we need to get a property valuation done? Or can we show the purchased price? As per the vehicles I saw in the instructions we only can add from the 2nd car onwards. And since we both have 1 car each I assume we cannot include those under assets? We both does not want to get a RFE back and make the case longer, so we're trying to figure out what documents and proof we need to submit with the packet.

Thank you!

If her current household income is sufficient, she doesn't need to include assets.

By the way, did you guys marry before or after she got a green card?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

We got married after she got her green card. We were dating for like 5 years and lived together since 2019. We both were fresh college graduates by that time and she got selected by DV Lottery.

By the way do you know which forms should we submit along with the Form I-130(concurrent filling)? Such as I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765 etc...
      Last edited by glennsen90; 08-08-2022, 01:49 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X