No announcement yet.

Traveling After Visa Interview but Before Receiving Green Card - Seeking Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling After Visa Interview but Before Receiving Green Card - Seeking Advice

Hello,

My parents are currently in the process of obtaining a Green Card through Consular Processing, and they have a visa interview scheduled in a few weeks. They also hold valid tourist visas for the next four years.

I have a question about their ability to travel after completing the interview and entering the United States but before receiving the physical Green Cards. Is there a way for them to return to their home country before the Green Cards arrive in the mail? They don't need to re-enter the U.S. until the Green Cards are in their possession, and I can forward them the cards through mail.

Any insights or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.​

They cannot become US permanent residents until they enter the US with their immigrant visas. They cannot get green cards before they become permanent residents. So if they enter the US with their visitor visas, nothing happens. They have not become permanent residents, and will not receive any green cards in the mail.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X