No announcement yet.

Immigrant Visa Approved- Cant travel to US due to Emergency Medical Treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigrant Visa Approved- Cant travel to US due to Emergency Medical Treatment

My mom 66 years got her immigrant visa approved and she has Till May2 2024 to travel to US to get her greencard. Unfortunately, she has a medical treatment that requires blood transfusion. She is unable to travel such a long distance. We would like to postpone her visa expiration so she has more time lets say 6 months to travel for her greencard. Can anyone suggest what our options are?
    I read that you have to submit an email to Mumbai consulate and state your case with doctors recommendation but no guarantee. Would really appreciate any inputs here. Thanks a lot.

Per rules, medical is valid for only 6 months. If she postpones, she may need to redo the medicals. Who knows, there could be exceptions to this rule. I suggest you write to the Bombay consulate.

Comment

I wrote it to mumbai consulate on their email ([email protected]) on Saturday Apr 6 but havent heard anything. Also provided relevant documents. Is there a separate email address for mumbai consultate i can use?

Comment

I would call them and ask them on the phone . Either they will answer on the phone or expedite your email case

Comment

Abhinata, any update on your query. Were you able to successfully get an extension on the expiry date??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X