I-130 Petition on Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Petition on Marriage

We have two I-30 petitions that are approved and nearing to the priority dates. However, questions arise.. please help me answer the following:

1. Since this petition is for unmarried above 21, what happen if you get married but after a year the marriage was voided, because the other party has previous marriage? Are you still considered unmarried when the petition becomes current?

2. What if you get married but separated (not legally) from the husband? Is it considered unmarried? What if you annulled the marriage before it becomes current, is that considered unmarried?

Thanks in advance!

Note when you present yourself for an interview, what is your status at that point in time is what will matter.... for immigration purposes nothing matters as people says" The fat lady sings" ... "The immigration officers smiles and stamps your passport". Also if you spouse files a petition that your were fraudelent, they can come after you and revoke your GC ( Some spouses can be very spiteful)

For example I filed under my wife and get divorced before by AOS, even if its a day before my AOS, I am tecnically not eligible and I will be considered lying under oath.

Remember when you attend your interview you have to raise your hand and swear and oath that what you are saying and claimed on the form are the TRUTH. So be careful of what you are swearing...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X