Q21 Part C of I130 and G325A's Applicant's last 5 year Residence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q21 Part C of I130 and G325A's Applicant's last 5 year Residence

I am preparing the documents for my wife's U.S. visa. I have filled I130 form and G325A for myself and will get G325A from my wife. We got married recently on 28 Dec 2010, and after the wedding we stayed together at my home in India for a week and then I came back to US. Once I left she too went to her parents house as it is in the same city.

In Question 21 of part C of form I 130 I mentioned address of my home in India where she stayed with me for a week. Now I have some doubts how to fill G325As.

1) Should my wife mention this stay of 1 week in form G325A's Applicants last 5 year residence column, as during that time her primary residence was her parent's house and now too she is staying with her parents?

2) I am in US for last 5 years, and visiting India regularly. This time went to India for 2 to 3 weeks to get married. For my G325A I have mentioned my US addresses for Applicant's last 5 year residence field.
    Will it cause a problem as in form I130 I have mentioned that I have stayed with my wife for a week at my home in India and in G325A I have not mentioned that address in Applicants Last 5 year residence?

Also I am a Permanent Resident of US and if I mention my Indian address in G325A would it not cause a problem as being a Permanent Resident of US I should have residence in US and not in India.

Basically, I do not know what does 'Residence' here means? Whether in G325A USCIS wants us to mention all those places we have physically been present in last 5 years or if they want us to mention all those addresses where we have received the mails?

Anticipating a quick reply

Thanks
    Toseef Q K

Further, my wife got confused for filling up the Applicant's last 5 year employment history for her G325A. Currently she is a student, and was working for 3 months during year 2009. From year 2009 and till dec 2010 she was unemployed. Now the concern is should we mention the unemployment period in G325A or only mention her being a student and her 3 month work.

I searched lot of forums for it, I could not get clear answer. Some say that better to mention everything for last 5 year's employment, that will leave no gap between the dates. Other say that they have asked employment history, thus being unemployed should not be mentioned.

Please let me know your advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X