Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister/Parent... Philippines

Hello,

My wife just applied for citizenship and if everything goes smooth it should not take long for her to have it. Now the thing we run into is her sister.

Her sister will turn 21 at the end of the year. She was thinking that once she becomes a citizen that she should apply for her sister and parents at the same time. Apply for her under F4.

The other option is to bring her parents her and once they are permanent residents they can apply and bring her over here. The only thing is by this time she will be over the age of 21 and we have to apply for F2A.
    So should we do the I-130 for everyone? or should we just do her parents and then have them do her sisters application?

Another thought was that we do the I-130 for her sister then we contact the NVC center to update the petition once her parents are here as a permanent residence so we can have it upgraded from a F4 to a F2B since the F4 was filed while she was under 21.

I also know that we can file the I-130 with the I-485 so they can become a permanent resident faster.

Also we are going to use the tracker to update the information for my wife so that it can be added to the list. It looks like a great tool and I wish more people would use it so that we can get better timelines on it.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    David

Help

Neep help please

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X