Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beneficiary's citizenship changed , question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beneficiary's citizenship changed , question ?

I am a US Citizen and I did filed green card file for my brother , who was in india at that time, now after 7 years he has moved to UK and now he is going to became a UK's citizen.

Do I need to inform NVC about this ? will change in beneficiary's citizenship has any effect in the priority dates ? will it be any helpful or not to get the British passport for my brother ? He wants to come to USA if his files open up, so wanted to make sure that if he accepts UK's citizenship his file will not get delayed.

Can anyone has any idea on such situation, thanks in advance and appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

NRI guy

Originally posted by nriguy View Post
    I am a US Citizen and I did filed green card file for my brother , who was in india at that time, now after 7 years he has moved to UK and now he is going to became a UK's citizen.

Do I need to inform NVC about this ? will change in beneficiary's citizenship has any effect in the priority dates ? will it be any helpful or not to get the British passport for my brother ? He wants to come to USA if his files open up, so wanted to make sure that if he accepts UK's citizenship his file will not get delayed.

Can anyone has any idea on such situation, thanks in advance and appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

NRI guy
    Good news and bad news (which do you want first?)

It will have literally no effect--nor will the citizenship change the cutoff date. It may help him marginally in one way--he may be able to visit US on visa-waiver where UK citizens can visit US without visa (problem--after one entry refusal, he will require a visa).

Comment

Originally posted by svaradara View Post
      Good news and bad news (which do you want first?)

It will have literally no effect--nor will the citizenship change the cutoff date. It may help him marginally in one way--he may be able to visit US on visa-waiver where UK citizens can visit US without visa (problem--after one entry refusal, he will require a visa).

Thanks Svaradara for the reply, I was thinking on same line that it will not change anything for him, but now after getting your response I will have surely some concrete feedback.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X