Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get info on my mother's immigration petition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get info on my mother's immigration petition?

I received the last communication from the US Department of State, National Visa Center, Portsmouth, NH, on July 1, 2009, to pay $400/- as Immigrant Visa Processing fee for immigration visa request for my mother, who lives in Pakistan.

I paid the fee promptly. My understanding is that after I paid the fee, the case has been referred to the Islamabad visa center. I was informed that it usually took 2-3 months for the Islamabad center to contact the applicant.

However, it has been more than 2 years, and neither I (petitioner), nor my mother has been contacted. Since the postal system in Pakistan is not very reliable, I am concerned that the documents may have got lost.

Could someone please help me with information where I could go to find out the status of my petition? I contact US NVC and they say that the documents have been sent to Islamabad. When I contact Islamabad visa office, I receive a one paragraph reply saying "We have no record for the case mentioned. Please contact the local USCIS office or NVC in U.S."

You will have to keep contacting NVC. There is no other way.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X