Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 student - GC thru marrriage

Hi,
    I am a student (F1) category, married to a GC holder in 2008 Dec. She is going to be a citizen in August and I am planning to file I130 and I485 together. I entered US in Aug 2007 with F1 visa, but my Visa expired on june 2009. I had EAD card from 5/09 to 4/10. but during that time, i got admission for PhD and have valid I20 till 8/13. my last trip home was in 12/08, and never leave after.
    My question is, on form I-485 it is asking for current status and expiry date. Current status is still F1, but I am wondering what should I fill for the expiry date since my F1 visa is already expired. Or can I use the date on my I20, as it is current?
    Any help will be highly appreciated.......Thanks....RJ

As you mentioned, the form is "asking for current status and expiry date." So enter F1 and the expiry date noted on your I-20. Your current status does not have anything to do with your visa. You visa serves as an entry permit only. Good luck!

Comment

Write D/S according to your I-94.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks all.... I just sent my packets and USCIS received it today...Hope everything will go smooth...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X