Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got married with my uncle son please help me

Dear Friends,

I am writing this with a lot of hope. I got married with my uncle son ( my mother's own brother son) in India three years back. My husband is citizen of US and he filed petition for me and i have attended visa interview at US consulate, New Delhi. Visa officer asked me how to do you know your husband and when did you met him first time? i said he is my blood relative and i know him from childhood. Then visa officer asked me you husband must aware about US laws and as per US laws marrying blood relative is not permitted and they have given me rejection letter as per section 221(g). I am very sad and please help me what i can do now. It is very common in India marrying uncle son. Is there any such rule in US? If it is the case what is my fate and future.

Originally posted by roopa_rani View Post
    Dear Friends,

I am writing this with a lot of hope. I got married with my uncle son ( my mother's own brother son) in India three years back. My husband is citizen of US and he filed petition for me and i have attended visa interview at US consulate, New Delhi. Visa officer asked me how to do you know your husband and when did you met him first time? i said he is my blood relative and i know him from childhood. Then visa officer asked me you husband must aware about US laws and as per US laws marrying blood relative is not permitted and they have given me rejection letter as per section 221(g). I am very sad and please help me what i can do now. It is very common in India marrying uncle son. Is there any such rule in US? If it is the case what is my fate and future.
    By the way my husband is residing in illinious state. Is there any specific rule in illinious state probihiting marriage with blood relatives? but in India it is common to marry relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by roopa_rani View Post
      By the way my husband is residing in illinious state. Is there any specific rule in illinious state probihiting marriage with blood relatives? but in India it is common to marry relatives.
      What I know is that whatever is a legal marriage in your country will be honored by the US. Better consult an immigration lawyer.
      "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
      dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
      S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
      Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
      diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
      Puddy = April 2003
      hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
      Imran123 = Aug 2003
      butter = Nov 23, 2003