Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police certificate?

Hi,

My husband (who is a UK citizen and applied for Green Card through the London Embassy) has his interview on Thursday.

He is worried because he lived in New Zealand for about 3 years on a Working Holiday Visa (this was about 6 years ago now) and doesn't have a police certificate from NZ. He did not stay in the country for more than 12 months at a time, although one stay was just about 12 months. Does he still require a police check?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

The law requires that each applicant has to present Police Clearance Certificate(s) from all countries including his homeland if he lived in such country 6 months or longer after he turned 18 years of age. So I am sure the officer at the Embassy will ask him to present such certificate unless there is a kind of waiver with New Zealand. Good Luck.

Comment

police certificates are needed for countries lived in for more than 12 months over the age of 16. It doesn't say anything about cumulative time. Oh well, I'm kind of expecting the worst. We'll see what happens.

Comment

In case anyone is interested, my husband had his interview today, and the NZ police certificate was not a problem. Many thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X