Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

green card through marriage: need your help pls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green card through marriage: need your help pls!

Hello All,
    I’m a Syrian citizen in the US on B1\B2 visa. I’m married to a US citizen. She was born in the US but lived in Syria since she was 8 years old. I met her in college and we studied in the same college together. After graduation we got married (April 2012 ) and came to the states. We still don’t have any job, but will apply for job this September after doing some exams. We want to apply for a green card for me. Please help me with the following points:
    1- My wife used to live in Syria, is it ok for her to file the petition from the States?
    2- Is 20,000 $ in my wife’s checking account enough for her to sponsor my application? Or we need a joint sponsor?
    3- My father in-law lives in Syria; he’s a retired US citizen who pays his taxes on time. Can he be the Joint sponsor?
    4- Do we need a birth certificate for my wife as a proof that she was born here?
    5- We have a proof of marriage from Syria, is it enough? Or do we have to register our marriage here in the US?
    6- Do we need to prove that we live together in the States? A Lease with both names on it for example?
    7- How much time does it take to get the conditional green card usually?

Thank you

1- My wife used to live in Syria, is it ok for her to file the petition from the States?
    Ans: Yes it is ok, she can file I-130 & I-485 simultaneously. Spousal based LPR filing.
    2- Is 20,000 $ in my wife’s checking account enough for her to sponsor my application? Or we need a joint sponsor?
    Ans: Yes you need co-sponsor as your income is below the poverty line. Once you get job things go better.
    3- My father in-law lives in Syria; he’s a retired US citizen who pays his taxes on time. Can he be the Joint sponsor?
    Ans: Yes he could be a co-sponsor
    4- Do we need a birth certificate for my wife as a proof that she was born here?
    Ans: B/C or US Passport.
    5- We have a proof of marriage from Syria, is it enough? Or do we have to register our marriage here in the US?
    Ans: It is ok, it must be translated from Arabic to English.
    6- Do we need to prove that we live together in the States? A Lease with both names on it for example?
    Ans: Not at this phase, may be at the interview. But I strongly advise you to jointly file your tax return.
    7- How much time does it take to get the conditional green card usually?
    Ans: about one year

Salam from me to you and to your wife, may Allah ease the situation in Syria and Good Luck
    Last edited by osweiti50; 05-30-2012, 04:03 AM.

Comment

thank you brother Osweiti50
      hope it works with me...

good luck and salam to you too

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X