Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whether to apply EB2 or EB3 with M.Sc. Comp

Hi All,

I have 3 years degree + 2 years Masters Degree i.e. M.Sc. Comp Science. I am planning to apply in Premium processing. I am I eligible to apply under EB2 Category or EB3. and also did anyone of you or your friend applied under same criteria and got approval.

I really appreciate your response.

Thanks
    Sri

Typically Msc which is from India ( 3+ 2 years) is under EB-3 for safe side. As this is "not" equal to MS(2years) + BS(4 years) = 6years

BS is equal to BE in India.

But if u have Msc & 5 years + experience then u can opt for EB-2 but ur attorney needs to explain the factor how u qualify for EB-2 ie u have Msc + 5 years exp.

Comment

Hold on EB2 or EB3 depends on the Job requirment from you company.... not your qualification.

Even if you have a Ph.d but you company is filling a position that requires BS degree, they will only file a EB3.

So check to make sure that your job position requires an advanced degree and the attorney can defend a quetion from DOE that thats a requirment. Otherwise it will not help your case and it will be either rejected or asked to be modified.

Comment

Originally posted by liveusa View Post
        Typically Msc which is from India ( 3+ 2 years) is under EB-3 for safe side. As this is "not" equal to MS(2years) + BS(4 years) = 6years

BS is equal to BE in India.

But if u have Msc & 5 years + experience then u can opt for EB-2 but ur attorney needs to explain the factor how u qualify for EB-2 ie u have Msc + 5 years exp.
        Hi,

I did my MCA from India which was for 3 years. So my total education is BSc(3 years) + MCA(3 years). Am I eligible for EB2 processing?

Thanks,
        Shree

Comment

It is becoming increasingly difficult for people with 3 year Bachelor's degrees to get an EB2 processed. It is very essential that the labor certification be filed appropriately with use of carefully chosen words to avoid problems during the I140 stage. Search and read the many I140 denials received from the internet forums to get an idea about the RFEs asked and what they were asked to prove.

I have friends with denied I140s in EB3 due to 3 year degree. It is in your best interest to do some research on multiple forums as I don't want to say you can't do it but you are playing with your future by doing so as you will not figure out until the I140 is approved.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
            It is becoming increasingly difficult for people with 3 year Bachelor's degrees to get an EB2 processed. It is very essential that the labor certification be filed appropriately with use of carefully chosen words to avoid problems during the I140 stage. Search and read the many I140 denials received from the internet forums to get an idea about the RFEs asked and what they were asked to prove.

I have friends with denied I140s in EB3 due to 3 year degree. It is in your best interest to do some research on multiple forums as I don't want to say you can't do it but you are playing with your future by doing so as you will not figure out until the I140 is approved.

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79868

Yes. I see your point about 3 years degree having problem with EB2. So what happens when I140 is rejected? Can I file under EB3 then without going the PERM again and capture the old PD?

Comment

Some cases USCIS has asked for RFE and approved it in lower category. But it may not work all the time as labor expires in 6 months. You would have to start all the way from scratch again and get a new PD.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X