No announcement yet.

entering the US as tourist and staying there while in immigrant visa proceess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• entering the US as tourist and staying there while in immigrant visa proceess

My family is in the middle of the immigrant visa process, but it's taking too long and we need to the US ASAP
    I've heard what some people do, is go to the US as tourists and then just stay and start the petitioning process over there.

My question is if anyone know if there would be a negative effect if we do this (enter the US as tourists and stay) but while in the abroad petitioning process?

Thanks for any tips

If you apply tourist visa for them most likely it will be denied.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

@Salvadoranguy I have done the same for my mother. Her immigrant visa is at packet3 stage and she needed to come to US immediately. She applied for her Visitor visa and in the visa application she mentioned about her immigrant visa application and provided the reference number. She got her visitor visa with out any problem. However she had an expired visitor visa before and have visited US multiple times before this time. So YMMV but its worth a try. Just be honest in your application and give the reason why you have to go to US immediately.

Comment

Do not do that as you will never get a tourist visa if they know you have a case pending as I had this experience. Better not to mention it if you wish to get a tourist visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X