Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deceased petitioner

Dear Everyone,

Hello from Cambodia and hope you are doing fine!

Let me brief you a little bit about my case. My father filed a case for me on 23 Aug 2003 under F1 (single) and it was approved since 2007.

In 2010, my priority date became current so NVC sent me an instruction to apply for an immigration visa and I have changed my status from Single to Married at that time so NVC has downgraded me to F3 and I needed to wait again till this F3 become current.

Unfortunately, my father has passed away in June 2012 and I have not yet informed NVC about his death.

Also, let me brief you a little bit about my family tree as I think this would help you to make a conclusion and how it would help you to process my case.

I have 2 siblings (1 US citizen living more than 25 years and 1 LPR for 2 years) and 2 step sisters (1 US citizen for more than 10 years and 1 LPR for about 4 years) including my mom (LPR) but she is now living in Cambodia permanently without showing up within 1 year. If substitute sponsor is required then this wouldn't be a problem.

In Cambodia, I have 3 brothers including me and 2 sisters but I and one of my brothers are having this pending case under the same F3 category with the same priority date of 23 Aug 2003.

So my questions are:

1. Should I inform NVC now or wait till my F3 priority date become current?

2. Will this case be eligible for humanitarian reinstatement or eliminated because the new law in 2009 looks favorable to alien who resides in US rather than outside US?

3. How is the chance for this case based on your experiences and which case (alien resides in or outside US) is easier to apply for immigration visa?

4. How long does it take for such humanitarian reinstatement usually based on your experiences?

5. Have you had experiences with such humanitarian reinstatement before?

6. Do you think my case can be approved easily or how difficult?

I would appreciate it if you could give me some advices for my case.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Sotha

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X