Filing for I -30 petition advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing for I -30 petition advice

Hi everyone. Im new to the forum so hello!

I am going to file for a petition for an Immigrant visa, an I-130 form I believe.

I have been married to a US citizen for a year and am planning on moving to America in the summer of 2013.

I just have a few questions, Am I right in saying that it is my wife that fills out the I-30 form on my behalf as I am the beneficiary and my wife the petitioner?

It states on the website that if your married less than 2 years then I have to apply for a conditional residents which is valid for 2 years. If I wait until it has been over 2 years does that mean I will automatically be granted a permanent visa?

Thank you I am sure I will have more questions as I get deeper into the forms. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks again!

Martyn
    Last edited by brad0088; 12-07-2012, 02:19 PM.

You are correct...

Yes, file an I-130, you are the beneficiary and your wife is the petitioner. If you file now, you will only get a temporary 2 year resident card, but if you wait until being married for 2+ years you will be granted a 10 year permanent resident card and after being a PM for 3 years, you can apply for citizenship if you want. Good luck!

Comment

Filing for I -30 petition advice

yes, you are right. Your wife the beneficiary will have to file the I-130 petition application of course along with g-325 form ( One for you to file and sign and one for her)...yes, you will be issued only a 2 years conditional green card if you have been married for lea than 2 years and lAter on you have to apply to remove conditional status and will be issued a 10 years GC...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X