Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can immigration petition for relative be filed for the second time ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can immigration petition for relative be filed for the second time ?

Hi All,

My husband 's family (his brother,sister and parents) live in USA for 25 years.He is the only one from family who could not move to US.
    His father filed for his immigration petition but before the petition became current his father died.
    So my husband could not go ahead with his petition.About 10 years ago.

Then his brother filed petition for him.During this time my husband traveled to US on Business Visa for 3 months for work related matter.
    When the immigration petition got approved ,my husband had to travel to Australia so he could not proceed with the petition filed by brother.
    In the meanwhile the petition become current and cancelled as my husband did not respond to it.This was 5 years back.

Now my husband is Australian citizen and gave up Indian citizenship.Now his mum is sick and old and wants him to move nearer to family to USA.

Can his brother again apply for immigrant petition for my husband or can the old petition be revived some how ?

Kindly advice.
    Preeti

No Reply

164 views and no reply ...Can anybody advise ?

Regards,
    Preeti

Originally posted by Preeti3778 View Post

Hi All,

My husband 's family (his brother,sister and parents) live in USA for 25 years.He is the only one from family who could not move to US.
    His father filed for his immigration petition but before the petition became current his father died.
    So my husband could not go ahead with his petition.About 10 years ago.

Then his brother filed petition for him.During this time my husband traveled to US on Business Visa for 3 months for work related matter.
    When the immigration petition got approved ,my husband had to travel to Australia so he could not proceed with the petition filed by brother.
    In the meanwhile the petition become current and cancelled as my husband did not respond to it.This was 5 years back.

Now my husband is Australian citizen and gave up Indian citizenship.Now his mum is sick and old and wants him to move nearer to family to USA.

Can his brother again apply for immigrant petition for my husband or can the old petition be revived some how ?

Kindly advice.
    Preeti

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X