I-130 Question - US & Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Question - US & Canada

Hello everyone so basically I filed the i-130 yesterday for my wife. I am a US citizen living in NY and my wife is a Canadian citizen.

I have been looking into things and the average wait time is like 90 days start to finish for the i-130 if I am correct?

I have been told that when I get that response which should be in like a few days saying they received my petition to file the i-130 that my wife can go to the US embassy in Canada and uplift a visa to travel while we wait on the 90 days.

Now is it correct that a response will come in a few days saying they received it? Also can that response enable her to be able to go get a visa to travel and come right away with intention to return to Canada.

Also if I am wrong on this and that response is just a response saying they received my petition. Is it possible for her to come while we wait to for the whole process to be completed?

Meaning any visitor visa or anything?

I have seen people say if she proves ties to Canada then it could be possible but to be honest she is 19 and I am 20 we fell in love at a young age and got married young. As far as ties she isn't enrolled in college for the new semester coming up in September so we can't go with that I believe. She has bank statements from when she was working for 3 years from about 2010 to May 2013 and that's about it nothing else. No rent being paid no property owned (lives with parents) So with just the bank statements I don't know what for her shows ties to Canada. Would it be enough?

Thank you for giving my situation some time. We just really want to see each other and get our lives started waiting 3 6 9 months sounds unbelievable to see each other again. Especially when, when we didn't file this i 130 and before we got married she was traveling back and forth fine. Also if it helps info wise we got married in NY.

Processing times vary all the time. Therefore, we can't comment much on that.

No. She does not have to prove any ties to Canada as she would be applying for immigrant visa. Ties to the home country are required in several nonimmigrant visas such as tourist visa, student visa etc.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X