Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother had interview, requested more documents- spoke with DoS

Hello,

My mother had her immigrant visa interview in Amman, Jordan on October 3rd, 2013. At the interview, they requested more documents but did not approve or deny her the visa. The pink slip they gave her does not say 221(g) or administrative processing in it, just tells us what additional documents to submit, which we have submitted. However, when I check the case status on ceac.state.gov, it says administrative processing. So, I called the Department of State (DoS) to ask whether it was internal AP or mandatory, the person didn't answer that but said our case looked great and everything on their end looked great? Then she said your mother just had her interview and it seems like they're just waiting to review those additional papers then the visa should be issued because nothing on her end says "pending"? Then she told me to relax, as it had not even been two weeks.

The embassy in Jordan has only been open four days since we submitted our documents on the 8th, due to an Islamic holiday and won't reopen until the 18th, so obviously I know it may be a bit of time before we hear anything.

I'm a little confused, very nervous and want to be excited, but know with immigration you never really get a proper or correct answer from most representatives. Also, I'm assuming since she said the embassy is waiting to review the papers that would suggest internal AP. But nonetheless, is that a good sign that the DoS representative told me that? And could it be that it may have just not updated from the embassy to the DoS system yet (if that makes any sense)?

Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X