X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigrant Visa for Brother age 27

Hello All,

Happy Diwali and New Year to all.

I filled for my Father, Brother and Sister, in July 2013. (I-130). I am U.S Citizen.
    I believe my Father will be able to come to US in a year or so, since he is immediate relative and my brother file could take 10 years or so. My Mom passed away Jan 2012.

My Question is, I would like to call my brother along my dad as a dependent child, is it possible or are there any possible ways I can call my brother to US. Please please respond if you know.

I am worried for my brother to leave him in india, after my dad comes to US. My brother is not married yet.

Please share any experience or any knowledge if you know anything on this case.

I highly appreciate to help reunite a family.

Thank you so much in advance.

Nilam.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 11-09-2013, 08:49 PM.

Your brother can not come as a dependent.

You will have to file F-4 petition for him and he will have to wait around 12 years before he can immigrate on that basis, if immigration rules don't change by then.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

After your father arrives in the U.S. as an immigrant, he can petition his son (your brother), and the waiting period will be a couple of years less than if you petition your brother

--Ray B

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      Your brother can not come as a dependent.

You will have to file F-4 petition for him and he will have to wait around 12 years before he can immigrate on that basis, if immigration rules don't change by then.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X