An Reasonable Estimate For The Consular Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Reasonable Estimate For The Consular Process

My husband and I live in Japan. I am a US Citizen and my husband is Japanese. We got our I-130 packet accepted by USCIS in mid-August and received the e-mail and physical letter confirming this about a week after. Currently our application is at the National Benefits Center (MSC) and in process.

I was checking the USCIS website for the processing times for the National Benefits Center. Last month, around October 15th, they said as of 31 August 2013 they were working on applications for 01 October 2012. I checked back today and they updated saying that as of 30 September 2013 they were working on applications for 02 October 2012.

When we began this journey to a green card we were expecting a 12 month - 18 month wait for the whole process to be completed. Is this still a reasonable estimate for how long things will take?

I got a little worried when I saw their processing time only advanced one day in a months time.

Thank you for any insight you can give me.

USCIS has updated there processing times,
    and there is a memo around that says they expect to speed up the I-130"s and by May/March will have the times down to 5 months,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X