H1B Visa Maternity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Maternity

I have an approved H1b which is effective from oct 15th 2013. But I am pregnant and can not work by Feb end as due date is in Jan. So my employer is delaying the SSN application so that the idle period can be covered by leaves. I have not started working till now and the idle period will be almost 4 months. Please advice how the idle period should be compensated so that it does not affect my COS.

Originally posted by Bilkis Khan View Post
    I have an approved H1b which is effective from oct 15th 2013. But I am pregnant and can not work by Feb end as due date is in Jan. So my employer is delaying the SSN application so that the idle period can be covered by leaves. I have not started working till now and the idle period will be almost 4 months. Please advice how the idle period should be compensated so that it does not affect my COS.
    You should not have applied as COS when you were very well aware that you will not be able to join the employer due to pregnancy. 4 Months is too long to be considered for maternity leave. Any non employment/non payment period while in US on H1 without genuine reasons will make you out of status. I believe only 6 weeks s allowed for maternity leave.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X