Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP with I-864, I-864a, and DS-260 when living abroad 7 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP with I-864, I-864a, and DS-260 when living abroad 7 years.

I have lived in the Philippines for the last 7 years with my wife and have been married to my wife for 10 years and we have 3 children that are our biological children a 5 year old, a 4 year old, and a 1 year old. My wife is a Filipina I am an American born and raised in the USA. My children were all born here in the Phils obviously. I am just on a long vacation so to speak and we are getting ready to go to the US. So we did the report of birth abroad and the passports for our children and they have their stuff done so I guess they are not considered immigrants right?
    Anyway I will be moving with my wife and 3 kids back to the US to a small house which is on the same land as my mothers house so they have the same address and we will stay there until I start getting paychecks again.

On the i-864a
    1. WHAT SHOULD MY MOM PUT ON THE LAST LINE 13 WHERE IS SAYS INDICATE NUMBER. IS IT 1 FOR MY 1 WIFE OR DO I ADD THE KIDS? OR NOT THE KIDS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT CONSIDERED IMMIGRANTS?

On the i-864
    1. IN PART 3 INFORMATION ON THE IMMIGRANT/s YOU ARE FILING? It asks if I am sponsoring the immigrant listed in part 2. I checked yes because that would be my wife. Then it is asking for family members. I DO or DO NOT list my children under family members? Since they are not considered immigrants I do not list them right? Also do put my wife as the first family member or she is already accounted for because I checked yes for the first question?
    2. So that leads to part 3 number 7 it says ENTER THE TOTAL NUMBER OF IMMIGRANTS YOU ARE SPONSORING FROM ITEMS 1-6. Items 1-6 are family members so do I put 0 or 1 it is related to my question 2 above.
    3. IN PART 4. What should I put for sponsors mailing address since I the sponsor have been living here for the last 7 years in the Philippines? Do I put my mothers address in the US where we will be living or my address here in the Phils now?
    4. IN PART 5 Persons not sponsored in this affidavit. 3 says if you are currently married enter 1 for my spouse. I am married with my wife in the Philippines and why would I put a 1 next to her under the place that says PERSONS NOT SPONSORED IN THIS AFFIDAVIT?
    5. ALSO PART 5 If you have dependent children list the number. Does this mean if I have 3 immigrant children or 3 children like mine who are automatically considered US citizens? Does it mean do I have children that are not the children of my Filipina wife or what? Should I put 3 or 0 there?
    6. ALSO PART 5. Where it says OPTIONAL should I put 1 for my mother since we will be living at her address?
    7. PART 6 of i-864 asks for employment well since I am not employed should I put something in those lines are leave them blank?

DS260
    ABOUT IMMIGRATING. SINCE WE LIVE HERE NOW ARE WE ALL IMMIGRATING OR JUST MY WIFE?
    DO I ANSWER NO TO THESE QUESTIONS SINCE ME AND MY CHILDREN ARE NOT CONSIDERED IMMIGRANTS?
    IN FAMILY SECTION UNDER SPOUSE
    1. LAST QUESTION SAYS AM I IMMIGRATING WITH MY WIFE? YES OR NO
    2. CHILDREN SAME THING LAST QUESTION ASKS IF MY CHILDREN ARE IMMIGRATING? YES OR NO

Last question is should my mother be filling out the i864a or the i864 like I am? Are we filling out the right forms?
    Thank you all in advance sorry for some of the caps I wrote it that way in my notepad before I decided to come here for help so some of it is copied and pasted.

This is the i864 I am using http://www.uscis.gov/i-864
    This is the i864a I am using http://www.uscis.gov/i-864a
    Last edited by papayrus; 04-29-2014, 05:50 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X