No announcement yet.

How check if the greencard still valid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How check if the greencard still valid?

Hi,
    My doughtier she come back to Brazil in 2010. She has greencard back then.
    Now she desire move back, she told me she make mistake to going back.

I'd like to know if have some possibility her Greencard still valid or exist some way (link or phone) I can check that information?

Thanks in advance.

Flavio

Flavio,

Your daughter's Permanent Resident status has been abandoned. When she reenters the U.S., the Port of Entry staff will identify her status and either bar her from entry, or allow her to enter and be scheduled for an Adjudication hearing. Sometimes POE staff miss it altogether and let her through, but don't count on it.

--Ray B

Originally posted by lfsamp View Post
    Hi,
    My doughtier she come back to Brazil in 2010. She has greencard back then.
    Now she desire move back, she told me she make mistake to going back.

I'd like to know if have some possibility her Greencard still valid or exist some way (link or phone) I can check that information?

Thanks in advance.

Flavio

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Flavio,

Your daughter's Permanent Resident status has been abandoned. When she reenters the U.S., the Port of Entry staff will identify her status and either bar her from entry, or allow her to enter and be scheduled for an Adjudication hearing. Sometimes POE staff miss it altogether and let her through, but don't count on it.

--Ray B
      Rayb,
      Thank you for your answered that was very clear.
      But I have a second question on top your reply. Exist some way can I do to quarantine her entrance again to USA? Any thing I can apply for her?

Thank you again.

Comment

Jfssamp,

The only guarantee is if you repetition her and she comes in on an immigrant visa. Depending on her age, however, the waiting period might be lengthy.

You might also consider the "Returning Resident Visa," at the following link

I don't believe your daughter would qualify for it, but research it, anyway.

--Ray B

Originally posted by lfsamp View Post
        Rayb,
        Thank you for your answered that was very clear.
        But I have a second question on top your reply. Exist some way can I do to quarantine her entrance again to USA? Any thing I can apply for her?

Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          Jfssamp,

The only guarantee is if you repetition her and she comes in on an immigrant visa. Depending on her age, however, the waiting period might be lengthy.

You might also consider the "Returning Resident Visa," at the following link

I don't believe your daughter would qualify for it, but research it, anyway.

--Ray B
          Ray B.
          Thank you again. This is very helpful information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X